Original topic:

S22 Ultra Screen issue when Dim since latest update

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
shamr0ck
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello,

My phone just updated couple days ago, I think on 4/16, and since then I've been having issues with the screen giving a weird dull black when it goes into a dim mode or when the screen is switching between apps.

I noticed it heavily while watching a movie, at times the screen would be nice and crisp, but then it would go into this dull washed out mode.  

I've messed with all the brightness settings, adaptive brightness, motion smoothness, resetting cache, and a few other things.  I found these based off some searches about a green tint to the screen.

It does it in safe mode and also while the phone is booting up as its switching between the differnt logos that pop up(Samsung, ATT, back to Samsung, etc).

Love to hear if anyone has any other ideas to try.  I don't think there is hardware issue since it's too coincidental that it started happening right after this latest update.

Thanks for any input anyone may have

0 Likes
7 Replies
Ch_k37
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
try to check your DIM Screen by press "*#0*#" on the dial pad..
shamr0ck
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Just checked and there didn't seem to be any dim options in that menu.  Interesting little debug menu though, thanks

SaifAlshaali
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Try turning off the "Extra dim" option under Accessibility. That worked for me. 

shamr0ck
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Already had that turned off, thanks for the reply

0 Likes
mengchiu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Omg, thank you so much. I almost go buy a new phone because of the screen became so dimming that i can't use outside. Thank u so much. Samsung!! why do you do this to all of us?

0 Likes
ikeey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Omg. I thought my phone was broken since I dropped it and it kinda got a tiny cracked at the corner. I thought that's what caused it but deep down I knew it was after the update
0 Likes
shamr0ck
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Yeah, I have a small crack in mine, but it's been there for about a year. I started thinking it may have started to be the problem, but it was right after the update so it's just much of a coincidence. I also started getting the green line that some people have been reporting.

I'm sorry to hear it's happening to you too, but at least it helps us knowing it may be a software issue.

0 Likes