JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra Yellowish on photos

(Topic created: 04-16-2022 07:26 PM)
usersQFsKTK7XN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have an S22 Ultra, and find that it takes great photos, except towards sunset, or in bright sunlight. Then all the photos have a very pronounced yellowish tint, which looks oversaturated and unrealistic. I can't figure how out to correct this, or whether the phone that i received is faulty. I have turned the scene optimiser off and on, doesnt make any difference to the yellowish tint.

Actual colour of both buildings is more like the building on the leftActual colour of both buildings is more like the building on the left

I would like to know whether anyone else has the same problem?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I'd suggest using RAW mode and compare ... maybe use Expert RAW

That photo appears to be the result of two things

a) JPG engine

b) the fact that the sun is at a point where it's beaming more red hues

easily corrected in post processing
I also corrected the perspective 🙂Screenshot_20220416-214121_Samsung Members-02-02_26672_1650163518.jpg

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I'd suggest using RAW mode and compare ... maybe use Expert RAW

That photo appears to be the result of two things

a) JPG engine

b) the fact that the sun is at a point where it's beaming more red hues

easily corrected in post processing
I also corrected the perspective 🙂Screenshot_20220416-214121_Samsung Members-02-02_26672_1650163518.jpg
mdavidf
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't believe you have a faulty camera on your phone, but it might be the case.

In general, photos taken near or at sunset have a yellow/orange tint to them because of the sun's light. The opposite is true at sunrise, photos tend to have a blue tint.

If you don't feel this is true with the camera on your phone then you may want to return/exchange it.

The way to correct in a photo editor is to add blue to it by changing the tint/temperature.
usersQFsKTK7XN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you all for the responses. Very helpful. All of them were solutions, unfortunately, I can only see the option to mark one response as a solution.

From the responses and playing about a bit - in 90% of cases standard camera takes excellent pictures. For the rest e.g. bright sunlight/sunsets I shoot in Expert raw, then a small amount of tweaking in Lightroom. 

0 Likes