JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra will not send text over WiFi!

(Topic created: 05-13-2024 06:58 AM)
user5zTzpE3jQP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I'm fed up with this phone! I have to turn off WiFi in order to send a text message. Since when is text messaging such a difficult feature? My Nokia in 1999 never had texting issues, why now?? This is one of MANY issues I have with this **bleep** phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can absolutely understand needing to be able to send text messages outside of using WiFi! I want to go through just a couple of troubleshooting steps so we can figure out what's going on. 

Is sending text messages the only thing you can't do while connected to your Wifi? You can try to reset your router as well as restart your phone if it is giving you trouble on different apps as well. 

I would also suggest resetting your network settings just to make sure nothing got changed accidentally. You can do that by following these steps.

Open Settings
Tap General management
Tap Reset
Tap Reset network settings
Review the information and tap Reset settings
If prompted, enter your current PIN, password, or pattern
Tap Reset to confirm 

I would also suggest clearing the cache of your device as well by following these steps.

Press the Volume Down button to highlight Recovery mode
Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode
When you see the Android robot with a red exclamation mark, hold down the Power button and tap Volume Up once
Release the Power button and use the volume buttons to scroll to wipe cache partition
Press the Power button to select it
Highlight Reboot system now and press the Power button to select it

The next two things you can do are make sure your messages' app as well as your phone are updated. As well as make sure your WiFi Calling feature is turned on. It may not send messages while connected to WiFi if that feature is turned off in your settings. 

If all of these still aren't helping the issue I would suggest backing up your information and doing a factory data reset on the device to see if that may help. And if after a factory data reset it still won't send when connected to WiFi we may need a certified technician to take a look at it to see what is going on.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html I do apologize for any inconvenience.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I can absolutely understand needing to be able to send text messages outside of using WiFi! I want to go through just a couple of troubleshooting steps so we can figure out what's going on. 

Is sending text messages the only thing you can't do while connected to your Wifi? You can try to reset your router as well as restart your phone if it is giving you trouble on different apps as well. 

I would also suggest resetting your network settings just to make sure nothing got changed accidentally. You can do that by following these steps.

Open Settings
Tap General management
Tap Reset
Tap Reset network settings
Review the information and tap Reset settings
If prompted, enter your current PIN, password, or pattern
Tap Reset to confirm 

I would also suggest clearing the cache of your device as well by following these steps.

Press the Volume Down button to highlight Recovery mode
Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode
When you see the Android robot with a red exclamation mark, hold down the Power button and tap Volume Up once
Release the Power button and use the volume buttons to scroll to wipe cache partition
Press the Power button to select it
Highlight Reboot system now and press the Power button to select it

The next two things you can do are make sure your messages' app as well as your phone are updated. As well as make sure your WiFi Calling feature is turned on. It may not send messages while connected to WiFi if that feature is turned off in your settings. 

If all of these still aren't helping the issue I would suggest backing up your information and doing a factory data reset on the device to see if that may help. And if after a factory data reset it still won't send when connected to WiFi we may need a certified technician to take a look at it to see what is going on.

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html I do apologize for any inconvenience.