JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not charging through car USB

(Topic created: 08-19-2022 05:06 AM)
user0eWAEUlKMR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I've recently switched to a S22 phone, coming from an S10. When I plug in the cable in my car to connect my phone, I get the charge animation popup, the little top right battery thing shows the charging image and then after a couple of seconds it goes back to no charge mode. Its the same as if I were to put in the charger and then pull the cable myself after 5 seconds. 

I've checked a couple of things:

- Changed cables. No change.

- Checked if my S10 had the same issue. No issues with my S10

- Checked the charging options. I have all 3 options enabled (fast charging, super fast charging, fast wireless charging).

What could this be? It seems like the phone is not getting enough power to consider it being able to charge, but then I'd expect the S10 to also not charge. It did always say I was slow charging on my S10, so it would make the most sense. Any way to verify this or to enable the ability to slow charge?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user0eWAEUlKMR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I eventually just concluded that the S22 uses more power than the S10, which my car USB just cant provide. It never charged fast on my S10, so it made sense. I swapped to one of those sigarette to usb things made for charging phones, works like a charm. Its a little less convenient with the socket placement but it does the trick and gives me fast charge mode.

Using products that were not from Samsung were never an issue for me.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Maybe try going to Developer Options (hopefully you have it enabled). Then go to Default USB Configuration, see screenshots. Hope this helps.
Screenshot_20220819-075752_Settings_31261_1660913873.jpgScreenshot_20220819-075757_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Hey there.

I see you mentioned you tried using a different cable but if possible, I'd try a different car charger in general. I'm thinking maybe the car charger you're using may not be supplying enough power? While the S10 is still a great phone, it is also from several years ago and some things have changed since then. It shouldn't be drastic but perhaps a different charger will do the trick.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
scthornton49
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

This is happening to my wife's phone as well. After plugging into the car's USB port with a USB to USB-C cable the charging icon shows for a few seconds then goes away. This has only recently started within the last couple weeks. We've used 3 different cords and it works perfectly fine for other devices using those same cables. This has to be a s22 issue not a vehicle issue.

0 Likes
mmwood3199
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
This happens to me as well. I cannot charge my phone through my car, nor on any other charger that's not Samsung. Did you find a fix to this?
0 Likes
Solution
user0eWAEUlKMR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I eventually just concluded that the S22 uses more power than the S10, which my car USB just cant provide. It never charged fast on my S10, so it made sense. I swapped to one of those sigarette to usb things made for charging phones, works like a charm. Its a little less convenient with the socket placement but it does the trick and gives me fast charge mode.

Using products that were not from Samsung were never an issue for me.

0 Likes