JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not connecting for car Bluetooth calls

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 07:02 PM)
user9Hhf8wARr2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S10 in early January 2022, it would no longer connect to my Toyota Camry for Bluetooth phone calls. I just upgraded to an S22 and the issue continues. 

I followed recommendations on this site and Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings. The issue continues,

The phone connects for a brief time and then disconnects, Intermittently I am getting Google Stops Working Error.

I'm at my wits end, please help.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
203 Replies
usernHipdsMkYA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

yep. 
Same issue.  S22 with Pioneer stereo, black screen.
Needs fixing ASAP.  I now dont have any sat nav on my dash!!

0 Likes
Samsung_k7p1EEb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

my android auto does not work properly with my new S22 plus

worked and works fine with my 10plus

i can control it from my phone but no maps and no screen view on the car display

Gleason Fan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I tried pairing my new S22 Ultra to my Kenwood DDX car stereo and to my Acer Aspire T computer. Although the S22 can see both devices neither can see or pair with the S22. Am I missing something? Heaven forbid an LQ phone would work better than a Samsung device. I just "pointed my old LG at a BT device and it paired.

0 Likes
Mr-B
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Does a pair with anything else or does the Bluetooth not working?
0 Likes
Gleason Fan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I only pair to those two devices. When I try to pair the sliders go to audio / phone and then go right back to off.

0 Likes
Gleason Fan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Well, the fool thing paired even tho' I didn't enter the code. It works on my computer but not on the Kenwood in my auto. Now to figure out how to get the Kenwood to resend the code.

0 Likes
Schnoobins
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi there, 

I am dealing with an annoying bluetooth issue on my S22 Ultra after the last update.

Version: S908BXXU1AVC6 / S908BOXM1AVC6 / S908BXXU1AVC6

I can no longer stream audio to my car via Bluetooth whenever my phone is connected to my Galaxy Watch.

My phone is connected to both my car and galaxy watch. So to remove confusion Pairing or connecting is not the issue. 

To resolve this I have to disconnect my watch, which results in immediate music streaming to the car. 

For now I created a routine that disconnects the watch from my phone the moment the phone is connected to the car. 

I also tried Unpair and pair all devices, I made sure that I made sure that the correct media output is selected but no dice. 

I had no issues at all before the last update. 

Can anyone reproduce this issue, or better did something in the most recent update that something Bluetooth related?

Thanks in advance. 

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I had similar issue couple if years back with my galaxy watch and I had to disconnect "call" function under Bluetooth settings. Basically I went to settings, connections, Bluetooth and there tapped on gear icon next to watch name. Toggled "calls" off. You won't be able to talk on watch via Bluetooth, but that should free the connection with your car.

Schnoobins
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi Charkatak,

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately no dice. 

I tried a couple of times, but without the desired effect. 

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Make sure that "calls" toggle stay off before you even enter the car. Additionally after you enter gear icon, see if you have an "audio" toggle, try that too.