JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 not connecting for car Bluetooth calls

(Topic created: 02-24-2022 07:02 PM)
user9Hhf8wARr2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my S10 in early January 2022, it would no longer connect to my Toyota Camry for Bluetooth phone calls. I just upgraded to an S22 and the issue continues. 

I followed recommendations on this site and Reset All Settings and Reset Network Settings. The issue continues,

The phone connects for a brief time and then disconnects, Intermittently I am getting Google Stops Working Error.

I'm at my wits end, please help.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
203 Replies
userlsStvzLNop
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

android auto is not working on my galaxy s22 connecting to my Volvo xc60.  My old galaxy s9 had no issue.

0 Likes
userUNTU42ooWC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
This is only my situation and do not know how it is for everyone else. I have a AVH-2440-NEX that is having the same problem. Since I do not have another radio to test I headed to Car Toys and this if what I found out. In my case it is for sure a issue with the HU, because every HU I tried at the store work just fine. The cable I used did not make a difference as I used 3 different ones that I had including the that came with the phone. The HU manufactures that I tried where BOSS, Kenwood, Alpine and Pioneer and all worked. It is my thought that Pioneer needs a firmware update for older HU's and I fear that this might not be done for some time.
userCg9J35zzTY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

My Note 10 worked fine in my car with the Android Auto app; however, the new S22 will not recognize Android Auto app, nor will my car recognize the S22. I have a 2021 Pioneer Radio. The S22 works fine in my husband's 2020 Kia. The Manger of the Xfinity Store in Cumming, GA, sat in my car and also could not make it work. Also, the new S22 under Playstore does not allow you to download the app Aftershokz. It only has the app Aftershokz Pro. I had to buy a $179 Aftershokz Pro to use a headset so I could talk on my phone in my car. I go tomorrow to a car stereo shop to see how much it will cost to exchange out my car radio to be able to connect my S22. This has been very frustrating. The Xfinity store said it would probably cost me less to change out my radio, than the cost to trade in my S22 for an S21. Check all the complaints on the Samsung S22 Reviews. It is not just me! Thanks for your help.  

Dezz2020
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you tried removing the old phone from your car and refreshing the bluetooth list on your phone
0 Likes
userCg9J35zzTY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't have my old phone. It was traded in for the S22. My Bluetooth has been reset.
0 Likes
Mj84
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm having the same issue with my s22 ultra the screen is just black when I connect the phone the pioneer head unit recognizes but it just not coming on the screen and the volume do not work. This is very disappointing I am tired of buying half baked products and company saying "we'll just fix it what update".…
userbucX2ovk67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I returned my S22 Ultra. I do not expect less functionality from a new $1200 flagship phone than a two-year-old $800 phone.

It is ridiculous that Samsung isn't taking this seriously. Google appears to be asking for logs and is pursuing a resolution.
userdALSaoSUQm
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same problem when i connect my S22 Ultra to my Pioneer the screen goes black.  It worked fine with my  S21 Ultra  and S10 +   

!!! NO MORE ANDROID CAR PLAY !!  HELP HELP HELP 

userCg9J35zzTY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I gave up! I went to a car stereo shop and had a Sony Radio installed. It works great and I am now happy with phone and radio. It was less expensive, than trying to change phones. They have you by the ....!
0 Likes
userJaf7qmue4N
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the same problem with a S22 and pioneer car stereo.  I hoped the recent update would fix it, but it did not.  Can someone from Samsung please respond?

0 Likes