JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 overheating since update

(Topic created: 12-09-2023 02:21 PM)
imhines9192
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

Anyone else's Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra overheats since the update? I don't like that because it never heated up before and after the update, it overheats just by texting. Hopefully, there will be a fix for it. At least, I'm using a backup phone until then....🤦🏻‍:female_sign:

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
That is so infuriating!! The ppl on "chat" are too stupid to be of any help anyway & won't escalate to anyone competent (if that exists), and I can't be nice when they literally refuse to read any of the words that you type!! I was really hoping I'd be able to help someone, but maybe not... I tried all the usual things first, and finally got a friend to try swapping sim cards. So their sim worked in my phone AND mine worked in theirs, which made me even more baffled. Swapped back and still nothing. After being forced to leave VZN store #1, I went to store #2 w/less frustration & more desperation. They forced me to my bill for the useless phone 1st, then tried an E-Sim that didn't work, then said they could try another physical sim for $10. He's fortunate I let him continue to breathe. I'm sorry for wasting your time reading my nonsense (still venting), but the physical sim card worked. I did not pay a bleeping dime for it.
**bleep**... Is your sim card setting toggle like "greyed out"/unclickable, saying unknown number? And the weird half-on airplane mode in the quick settings from the top? Did you swap the new sim card yourself? The guy in store did the new one and accessed my account on a tablet, so idk if there was anything else he may have done? ¯\_(•_•)_/¯ Good luck & I'll comment if I hear anything else : /
Edit: Mine looked like this->Screenshot_20231208_133933_Settings_1000026091_1702071573.jpgScreenshot_20231208_134703_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231208_140351_Gallery.jpg
0 Likes
whiterabbit4178
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have to say, I felt like Verizon wasted more of my time than anyone. Samsung at least had me download the app so they could do diagnogicts on the phone. Verizon just kept me on the phone for 3 days with every tech saying they know better than the last and just checking the Sims like the last one. My screenshot looks just like yours except the airplane mode. I have my old S20 to use. The store did replace my physical Sim for free but, it did nothing so idk if I'd waste my time doing that. And if your store is like mine, the employees just want to chat amongst themselves and sit on their own phones. Samsung told me I could take my phone to a Samsung Experience store or a Ubreakifix. Do you have an experience store by you? Ours is in NYC but, there is a pop up near me for the holidays so, I may go do that today. Verizon doesn't want to do anything except pass the cost to the customer by getting a new phone. Samsung also did offer that I could send the phone in to be evaluated for free too. We probably won't get anywhere with any of it until fixes the software...let's hope they aren't turning into Apple and rolling out **bleep** updates so we have no choice but to buy new devices.
0 Likes
xThompson
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Definitely bugs in one UI 6.0 several features not working right!!
AnubisCo
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, it's the same issue here. I posted about this last week. I am also having issues with the phone charging as well. It's a start stop issue no matter how I try to change it, wire or wireless. This, as well as the overheating came after the update.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I absolutely understand how concerning it can be when your device feels like it is overheating. While they may feel warm under certain conditions, like charging, this does not affect the device's lifespan or performance. However, if your devices get too warm, it could cause some issues. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952/ You can also try clearing the cache partition of the phone.

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Side key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Side key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Side key to restart the device.

If you're still having the same problem I would suggest doing a factory data reset on the device. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

If your phone is getting too warm to touch, repairs would be recommended in order to have the technicians evaluate the device. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864. 

For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html