Original topic:

S22+ reception and mobile data issues

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
korort
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

So my s22+ had been working great until about a month ago. Then the mobile data started to not work at all. Like it would show 3-4 bars reception but there was no internet connectivity at all. I would have to turn airplane mode on and then off to get it to finally work. It also wouldn't hold a call or send a text anywhere once I was indoors. I've read online that this seems to be quite a common problem with the s22, but nobody really knows what the culprit is. I've seen some people say replacing the antenna flex cable fixes it , others have said replacing the sub board with the usb-c and Sim card reader on it fixes it. I have tried replacing both the antenna flex cable, and the sub board. I have done a factory reset from the recovery menu. None of these things have fixed the issue. I feel like the only option left is to replace the main board but that's pretty pricy, and I don't want to spend that kind of money if I'm not certain it will fix the issue. Has anyone here dealt with and fixed this issue? And if so what worked for you?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rettaroo95
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I had this same issue a year ago with mine. Insurance guy said the SIM card reader got damaged. He just gave me an entire new phone.
0 Likes