JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 series Dual Sim?

(Topic created: 06-24-2022 05:18 AM)
N0ah22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
So while I'm waiting my new S22U, I discovered that it doesn't support dual sim in US. So does it at least support physical and e-sim at the same time? Because I have two numbers, and each of them are important. If it does, my mobile carrier (I'm not a US citizen) can provide me e-sim in just 5 minutes via the app which is so convenient

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
So, I am in the US also. In looking on the Shop Samsung app, all three versions (128gb, 256gb, and 512gb) of the s22 Ultra (unlocked) are dual SIM, 1 SIM and 1 eSIM.

View solution in context

13 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
What did the specs say on the vendor site that you purchased the phone from?

eSIM is not available in all countries on all carriers.
0 Likes
N0ah22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I've got Galaxy S22 Ultra unlocked, US :united_states:
I purchased it from official website. Because it's Sky Blue Samsung.com exclusive color
If it supports two physical sim cards it's even better but at least 1 sim + e-sim would cool
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to your order screen and review the product specs, please.

It is my understanding that the s22 ultra is dual sim, 1 SIM plus 1 eSIM, but you really need to look at your purchase to be sure.

I'm also really shocked that you purchased a phone without checking this option was available first. What are you going to do if it does have eSIM?
0 Likes
N0ah22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I had no idea that US models are not dual sim, because in my country it is dual sim. Also I there's no information about it in the spec, which is surprising šŸ¤”.
And if it's e-sim it's not hard to get it, my mobile carrier can provide it online like in 5 minutes
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
The E in eSIM stands for embedded, so it is a SIM chip that is built into the phone. You call a carrier and they give you a code to activate service to their network rather than replace a physical chip provided by the carrier.

Let me see if I can help you figure this out. Hold on minute.
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
So, I am in the US also. In looking on the Shop Samsung app, all three versions (128gb, 256gb, and 512gb) of the s22 Ultra (unlocked) are dual SIM, 1 SIM and 1 eSIM.
N0ah22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh, Thanks! I was just nervous that it could turned out to be just 1 sim without e-sim support. But it turned to be ok, also I just contacted Samsung service center. The answer is, yes it support dual sim as you said.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Can I make a suggestion.
Unless you're extremely wealthy, if you plan to keep this phone for more than a year, I strongly urge you to purchase phone insurance from your carrier, to backup your photos and data, and to lock your phone and give no one access to it. Doing so would prevent the majority of problems I see posted here.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
The esim implementation is very limited so keep that in mind. All my other dual sim phone allow me to specify the sim I want for data, but on the s22 series what ever sim you choose for data will become the primary one. Not sure why the sim card manager is so limited.