Original topic:

S22 ultra software update problem

(Topic created: Thursday)
userYpFyN4frj6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Hello. I just updated to the July security patch and it completely **bleep** up my charging. Two things I noticed. I can no longer fast charge and I've tried multiple charging bricks. I check to make sure all the settings were turned on for fast charging. Plus I can fast charge my other phone with those bricks. Number two when you set the battery to display from the last charge it used to do it from the last time it was charged to 100%. Now if you plug it in for half a second it wipes those stats away and starts it over. Anybody else have any issues with this update? Thank you
6 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Seems to be a few problems with the update battery and camera
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
You can try doing a partition cache clear. It's good for cleaning out the software bugs that sometimes come with these updates. I do it automatically after every OS and security update. Here are the steps:
https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/clear-cache-galaxy-s22
userYpFyN4frj6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for responding. I actually had done that twice and that didn't help the problem either.
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Sorry that didn't help. Other than backing up all your data and doing a hard reset I guess the only other option is to hope an update will correct the issue. It seems like there's always a roll of the dice when downloading these OS/security updates.
0 Likes
userYpFyN4frj6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I agree. I think I'll wait for the update revision that I hope will come sooner than later. Thanks for the advice.
0 Likes
userHjF46CLIC7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
This happened twice within a year. Last year July this happened and I sent it to samsung for repair and it took them almost a month to fix it. I am not sending my phone to them because their service is trash. Samsung, fix this **bleep** now.