JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22+ usb tethering not working

(Topic created: 12-10-2022 11:32 AM)
Galaxy S22

I have an S10 and and S22+

Was using usb tethering to a PC from the S10 so the PC could use internet from the S10 data plan. This worked perfectly, after setting the default USB mode to tethering in developer options all I do is connect a usb-c cable from the S10 to the PC (windows 11) and it automatically connects and has internet.

However, when I do the same thing with my new S22+, the PC recognizes the network connection but is unable to access the internet.

Both phones are on plans that include "hotspot data", the S10 is on a Safelink plan using a T-Mobile SIM and the S22+ is on T-Mobile Magenta Max plan.

Am I missing a setting somewhere on the S22+ that is preventing this from working?

TY

-J

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@ThymeFlowsOverStones On your S22+ did you visit settings -> Connections -> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering and enable USB tethering? 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@ThymeFlowsOverStones On your S22+ did you visit settings -> Connections -> Mobile Hotspot and Tethering and enable USB tethering? 

Galaxy S22

TY, for some reason the S10 turns that setting on automatically when the usb cable is connected, so I didn't think to look for it on the S22+

up and running šŸ¤ 

0 Likes