JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 wont add work Profile

(Topic created: 12-09-2022 11:18 AM)
ColdKoala
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

So, I've got a group of users who we put Intune onto as Personally Owned with Work Profile.  This currently works on more than 500 phones.  I have a few users who all have S22s and refuse to create a Work Profile.  I checked under Accounts.  No work profile setting is present.  Used Test DPC.  That fails also.  Intune is enabled as "Device Management".  Still no work profile.  Hard Drive has more than 20GB free, so it's not a space problem.  Has anyone run up against this?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
18 Replies
VKD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Workaround works, installed work profile...

0 Likes
matthewbeke
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Workaround also worked for me. Just very annoying thats how you have to do it.

Alaa elharty
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, 

Workaround also worked for me. Many thanks

0 Likes
Members_2oGWA1o
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

This workaround is not acceptable as the path forward.  Samsung needs to fix this, otherwise lots of people are going to sue them.  

Nekta007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

had the same issue.  Checked Google Accounts and one was created for Google Duo.  Removed this account.  And was then able to create work profile without having to remove all Google Accounts. 

0 Likes
Daagvandermeer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Same Issue but with Corporate-Owned Devices with Workprofile.

It hangs to register the device.

0 Likes
Max - Capa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Can anyone confirm that this has been fixed? 

Jakke79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

UPDATE 12/16: The issue is now resolved via a server-side fix. 

Users may reboot their device to receive an updated Google Play setting, which corrects the issue with downloading the Android Device Policy app during Work Profile configuration.

In case a reboot does not correct the issue:

Users may be able to resolve the issue by installing the "Android Device Policy" application from the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.work.clouddpc 

In the Google Play Store, search for "Android Device Policy". Install this application before proceeding with enrollment.

0 Likes
Daagvandermeer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
How to do this with Corporate-owned devices with work profile?

0 Likes