JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SIM Card Showing 'Unknown' in both SIM manager and About Phone Section

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 05:50 PM)
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
In the about section, Phone Number shown as "Unknown" for some SIM cards, happens for both physical SIM and eSIM. I have contacted operator and everything is fine from their end. There's a workaround, for physical SIM. If the SIM is inserted in other brand Android like Lenovo etc, the number in the SIM can be updated manually and then if re-inserted on Galaxy devices, the 'Unknown' is gone and the number is displayed. So other Android devices can fix this issue. The easiest solution is, however, to insert the SIM into an iPhone. It will automatically update the number in the phone if it is not there & when re-inserted the SIM to the Galaxy devices, it'll work and the phone number's shown. 

So, other phones can read-write phone number in the SIM if it is not there. For eSIM, there is no solution as it cannot be moved to iPhone or another Android.

& VOLTE does't work if the SIM number is not present. once updated, it works. Tested with S22 Ultra, A51, A34 5G, S21FE

Please Fix or add.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some ♡

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello all, thanks for reaching out. Support for US products is the focus of this forum. As your device is a non-US model information is severely limited. We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the area your product was manufactured in: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html 

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for your region, you might discover that your nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
Member23
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Also S23 when I receive an email from Samsung, it says Device "Unknown"
0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

And yes, I have sent the feedback through Members app. I have never got any suggestions implemented though.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some ♡
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you using a travel SIM (Ubigi, Airalo, etc.)? That could be the culprit.
0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

No. I am using SIM from Grameenphone/Airtel.

Interesting thing is my travel e-sim from dTec Thailand is showing the number. But for those in which the number is not shown, has the same problem.

0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22

Screenshot_20240128_072552_Settings.jpg

 

Screenshot_20240128_005826_Call settings.jpg

 

userOAYocbUuCW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Will this work by putting the SIM in an iPad? I don't have access to an iPhone and have the same problem. Thank you.

0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
I hope it will work. You can try. I did not check with iPad

0 Likes
LAKOG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

How low can a company honestly sink, if the only fix to a problem on their platform, is to physically insert your sim card into one of their "arch enemy's" devices, to fix the bloody issue?????? 

LAKOG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

And their society phone recognizion can't even get my model name right!!! Lost for words! Their updates, or whatever is causing it, is rendering peoples phones useless, and they obviously do NOT seem to care!!