Original topic:

Samsung S22 6.1 Update Issue

(Topic created: 05-18-2024 10:21 AM)
Members_t7k1NEk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I had an update of the 6.1 UTI on 5/15. Since this update my caller id has been affected now showing me as a private caller to my contacts and whom ever I call. This is a huge problem for me personally. Also my copy & paste option is gone. I contacted my phone provider. They informed me there has been numerous complaints since this update has happened and believe there were bugs in this update. My phone provider did some trouble shooting steps that did not help to resolve my problem and put a ticket into Samsung. I also spoke to Samsung that could not resolve my issue for me either. Apparently it's a software issue that only Samsung can fix. So if you are personally experiencing issues it's most likely the cause of the recent software update, causing many different issues for lots of people. Samsung better fix these issues quickly. These issues are frustrating and making the customers angry. 

5 Replies
userhX0jrKdXJJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
My issues after taking the 6.1 update on my s22 ultra is my text messages won't show up for 2 min after I open them to read or reply.
Options
Galaxy S22
My issue so far ( I just now updated sadly) is that they got rid of one version of the navigation gesture types and left the crappy one. I hope I will not see many more issues. I also noticed my phone seems sluggish kinda.
Members_fgCmtVn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Also, my wifi range is drastically reduced.

Welder71
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Angry is an understatement , I can't charge Samsung S22 with any cables since my update on the 18th
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, There. 

I sincerely apologize for the frustration. I have some recommendations to try after any update to get your device back on track. First, I  would recommend to clear your cache partition: 

1. Turn OFF your phone and remove any charging cables
  2. Press and hold the Volume UP and POWER buttons at the same time
  3. Hold these buttons until the Android Recovery Menu appears. 
  4. Press the Volume DOWN button to highlight wipe cache partition
  5. Press the POWER button to select it
  6. Press the Volume DOWN button to highlight Yes and press the POWER button to select it
  7. After the Cache Wipe is complete, menu items will reappear, with Reboot system now highlighted
  8. Press the POWER button to select it
Note that repair system apps is also in the recovery menu if you need it. 

The clearing of the system cache will not delete any files or settings.

From There - If that doesn't resolve the symptoms, I recommend attempting to put your device into safe mode (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983) to see if the symptoms persist, if they do not, this would indicate a third-party app being the culprit. Slowly start removing third-party applications, until the symptoms desist. 

If the symptoms are still occurring within safe mode - Next step would be a factory data reset of the device. Check out the following link for those steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Finally, if all has failed, I recommend submitting an error report via the member's application. This will send any errors or logs to our engineers, and they'll be able to take a look into this further.  https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/ 

0 Likes