Original topic:

Samsung S22 WiFi Calling Issues

(Topic created: 04-22-2022 09:52 AM)
StephanieP92
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello everyone! 

I recently got the regular Samsung S22 about a month ago. So far I love it, except for one thing.

I sporadically have issues receiving or making calls, and also receiving or sending texts at my place of work. I understand that since I work in a steel building that my cellular coverage will be disrupted, which is why I was excited for the WiFi calling feature. 

However, even when I am connected to WiFi calling and have WiFi calling turned on I still miss a ton of calls, texts are slow to send and receive, and making calls takes a long time too if they go through at all. Sometimes texts won't send either.

I have tried all of the steps short of factory reset, because I didn't want to go through all of that and it not even help the problem, although that may be my next step if it still is not working properly.

I've restarted my phone, performed a Network reset, turned airplane mode on, removed and reinserted my SIM card, toggled WiFi calling on and off, toggled between Cellular preferred to WiFi preferred.

I have contacted both Samsung and my carrier and went through all of the steps they both recommended, and they both ended with them telling me to contact the other. The people at Samsung recommended I go to a 'Samsung Walk-in Service Center' which, unfortunately, I don't have one remotely close to me. So they recommend I go to Best Buy and speak to them, which I plan on doing tomorrow. (Fingers crossed)

My carrier wanted me to perform a speed test on the WiFi, which I did, and it must have passed because he had no recommendations for that. When I look at the WiFi symbol it shows I have full bars.

My old phone was a Motorola Moto Z4, which I NEVER had problems making/received calls or sending/receiving texts at work. Same carrier and everything, and that was only a month ago. Nothing else has changed except the phone.

I plan on going to Best Buy tomorrow, but I was just wanting to check in with you guys to see if you had any recommendations/tips/tricks.

I'm through Verizon, if that helps.

Thank you all in advance!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
So your saying you can't even make calls with wifi and wifi calling turned off and your phone is showing bars and a data connection?
0 Likes
Sully9088
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes.
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
I think she is only having an issue with this stuff not working when on the wifi at work using wifi calling if I understand correctly it sounds like she can make calls when not there
0 Likes
Sully9088
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh gotcha. Well if that's the case I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I thought she was having the same issue as me.
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Nah your good I just wanted to kind of confirm its not the same because if it was I would be thinking it could be a software issue on the phone something that I'm sure Verizon and Samsung could correct because it's a new phone sometimes they miss compatibility issues with certain features or in the first few os updates sometimes features break when things are fixed
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
So wait then your issue is very strange I mean so you can't make any calls at all or what?
0 Likes
Sully9088
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a Samsung S21+ and it was working perfectly fine until I updated the Samsung software to 4.1. Now my phone is not allowing outgoing calls. I heard other people have this same issue and they were able to get their phone to work by rolling back to software version 4.0. I'm not that tech savvy so I'm stuck waiting for another update. I placed an error report but Samsung tech said they don't see anything wrong with my phone. I feel like I'm not being treated like a valuable customer. I basically told them there is a problem and they said "we don't see a problem." I even contacted AT&T but they were no help. I don't know what to do.
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
What carrier are you with? And honestly if you want the simplest solution I would say 99% chance you need the new Sim card
0 Likes
Sully9088
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
AT&T. I can try a new sim card.
0 Likes
Cass94
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
I would but instead of just a different one see if you can just get a new one free from at&t should only have to tell them you got a new phone and your old Sim is acting up I can't say it's the same for at&t but since 5g came out I believe they updated the nano Sims without telling us assuming we'd just get a new sim
0 Likes