Original topic:

Samsung galaxy s22 ultra

(Topic created: yesterday)
userrO5UTqlHEl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
All of a sudden when I send messages especially to my family who all have samsung phones it doesn't show "read" anymore. What could be issue and what could be issue? TIA!
0 Likes
6 Replies
KoolaidKid
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Open messaging app. On mine, 3 dots upper right, click, settings at bottom, click, down about middle says More settings, click, at top Text messages, click, see Show when delivered move slider.

Remember, they can set so you can't tell even when you enabled
0 Likes
userrO5UTqlHEl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
On mine it only shows input mode (GSM mode), SIM card messages, and message center (with a like phone number)
0 Likes
MrGhoul
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
In order for read receipts to work, the Messages app, be it Google or Samsung, must have read receipts configured on, and the carrier must also support this feature. Your recipient also must have read receipts activated (enabled) for you to see if they read your message. So the recipient and you both must have read receipts enabled in the message app.
0 Likes
userrO5UTqlHEl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
It has always worked before. Just noticed it not appearing very recently. All our phones have it enabled. We checked
0 Likes
MrGhoul
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
Check to see if your recipient has it enabled on their phones. Might try clearing the message cache also.
0 Likes
Tanaka1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

almost lost all my data as well after update 6.1. But gladly i restarted phone in safe mode and when the phone started it was on flight mode and gave me acccess to my stuff. Now am currently baking up all my pictures etc. To start in safe mode you: 

• Turn Off the Phone: Hold the Power button and select "Power Off."
  • Turn On the Phone: Press and hold the Power button until the Samsung logo appears.
  • Enter Safe Mode: Release the Power button and immediately press and hold the Volume Down button until the phone finishes restarting. "Safe Mode" should appear at the bottom of the screen.

0 Likes