Original topic:

Samsung notes update deleted my notes

(Topic created: Thursday)
usertZtlnqHkwj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I updated my notes app recently  and when I opened it it said it was updated but all.of my notes are missing.  My recipes over the years, my poetry or important passwords all missing.  Nothing in my trash, nothing from Google drive, nothing on the Samsung account so important importing or checking yeah for them offers nothing.  What do I do

4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Reinstall from your backup in Samsung Cloud.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I feel your pain. I asked a while back where on the phone notes are stored because I wanted to make local backups. Notes only allows the backup of one note at a time. I have over 200 notes and wanted to back them all up at once. Unfortunately, no one seems to know where notes are stored on the phone. If you can find that out your notes might still be there. If you do find out let me know.
0 Likes
BruZZi
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22

I backup all my Notes files at once often using the Smart Switch App.

I choose the external storage device option to backup the files using a pen drive.

To the OP, is the Notes App being synced by Samsung Cloud on a Computer/Tablet???

If yes, turn the internet off first, then open Notes on the Computer/Tablet and check if your files are there.

Xiro
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
So if you go to the menu in samsung notes there shoukd be a secrion called old notes which are notes what havent been opened in a few updates so they are a old version
0 Likes