Original topic:

Samsung removed Google Assistant from Home Button

(Topic created: 08-04-2024 06:01 AM)
userGGl3o2SXQy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Why did Samsung sneakly take Google Assistant from the Home Button??? With the Update they only asked if you would like to trial CTS. Very deceitful. 

10 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22

What UI and Android version are you on?  I don't actually use Google Assistant, but if I long press my home button, it comes up with the assistant.  the first time I did it, it asked if I wanted to try Gemini, but I didn't so I dismissed that. Maybe they added the CTS on the S22, because I don't have that, and I don't believe it's coming to my model.  I'm pretty sure, though that you can get the Assistant back.  You probably have to go into Google Assistant settings or Google Services settings on the phone.

TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
CTS came to the s22 months ago
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Swipe up diagonally from the corners. Google changed it, not samsung.
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
I can still long press and swipe up on my home button to use Google Assistant on my S22U

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
How sir? I don't use the buttons, bit I just tested and it will only activate circle to search
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
It's kinda complicated lol I just long press and swipe up where the home button is located it's not 100% all the time I use gestures

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I need to learn these things to eventually become an Ambassador. I use a million Samsung products, I might as well put it to good use šŸ˜
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
With circle search the trigger has changed. One user suggested swiping from the bottom corner upward/inward and this works. I also used "routines" and triggered google assistant to activate when I double tap the home button. Routines has great options to add triggers to your Nav buttons. Might be helpful to try both out.
0 Likes