JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Screen Recording not recording video?

(Topic created: 02-13-2023 08:54 AM)
SIMPLEASTHAT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have a s22 Ultra. I've been having problems with my screen recording. When I record something and play it back. I'll have sound but no picture. Has anyone else had this problem?
Can it be fixed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, SIMPLEASTHAT, and welcome to the Community! I can certainly see the confusion of not having video on your screen recording, and can understand the inconvenience and frustration. Are you using the native screen recording feature, or a third-party application?

Check to make sure media and mic permissions are toggled on, as them being toggled off can result in missing video and even audio. If they are toggled on, the first thing I would try is a device cache partition clear, which can help device behavior. Simply follow these steps:
• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
• Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.
• While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
• Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
• Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

If after doing this the screen recording still behaves the same way, there is a possibility a third-party application may be to blame for this behavior. If you are using a third-party screen recording app, Safe Mode won't work, but if using the native feature you can narrow down the root causes: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, SIMPLEASTHAT, and welcome to the Community! I can certainly see the confusion of not having video on your screen recording, and can understand the inconvenience and frustration. Are you using the native screen recording feature, or a third-party application?

Check to make sure media and mic permissions are toggled on, as them being toggled off can result in missing video and even audio. If they are toggled on, the first thing I would try is a device cache partition clear, which can help device behavior. Simply follow these steps:
• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
• Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.
• While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
• Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
• Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

If after doing this the screen recording still behaves the same way, there is a possibility a third-party application may be to blame for this behavior. If you are using a third-party screen recording app, Safe Mode won't work, but if using the native feature you can narrow down the root causes: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

0 Likes
joeclark
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

If you're experiencing issues with screen recording on your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, where you get sound but no picture when playing back the recorded content, here are some potential solutions you can try:

1. Update your phone and apps: Make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is running the latest software updates, including both the operating system (OS) and any relevant apps. Outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues, including problems with screen recording. You can check for updates in the "Settings" app, under "Software update."

2. Check recording settings: Verify that the screen recording settings on your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra are correctly configured. You can access the screen recording settings by pulling down the notification shade, swiping to the right, and tapping on the "Screen recorder" icon. From there, you can check settings such as video resolution, audio source, and save location.

3. Clear cache and data of screen recording app: If you're using a third-party screen recording app, try clearing the cache and data of the app. This can help resolve any potential conflicts or glitches. You can do this by going to "Settings" > "Apps" > [Screen recording app] > "Storage" > "Clear cache" and "Clear data."

4. Use a different screen recording app: If the issue persists with the built-in screen recording feature, you can try using a different screen recording app from the Google Play Store. There are many alternative apps available that may provide better compatibility with your device.

5. Reset app preferences: Resetting app preferences on your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra can help restore default settings and permissions, which may be affecting screen recording. You can do this by going to "Settings" > "Apps" > "Menu" (three dots) > "Reset app preferences."

6. Contact Samsung support: If the problem continues, you can contact Samsung's customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps or recommend a solution based on your device's configuration.

7. You might also have a look at here because maybe you can find another ways around to record your screen on Samsung devices:  

I hope these suggestions are helpful in resolving the issue with screen recording on your Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. If the problem persists, it's recommended to seek assistance from Samsung's customer support or visit a Samsung service center for further diagnosis and repair.

0 Likes