JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Secure Folder Backup is gone?! Bring it back.

(Topic created: 11-06-2022 07:39 AM)
deebz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Secure folder backup is gone on my S22 Ultra. Backup was great because it kept Secure Folder in Sync between my tablet and phone. Now they are not in Sync and it doesn't seem to allow backup of any kind. What if I lose my phone? Switch phones? Want to use the same data on my tablet? Can't do that anymore. Why? That was a huge benefit to Samsung Phones. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
15 Replies
userNKFlAX1L5v
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

thank you - it workes fine on my fold 4 - i assume all other devices can access this secret menu and re - enable the backup 

really appreciate it 

0 Likes
Fruitbat273
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Absolutely amazing. How do you find these hidden menus ?

0 Likes
userQctVaXFh0Y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
This is what I get when I tap Secure Folder. I don't have backupScreenshot_20231123_161734_Secure Folder.jpg
0 Likes
userQctVaXFh0Y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Any help would be greatly appreciated
0 Likes
Cfloyd18
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I have followed the steps as well and it worked for me. I have a Galaxy S22+.  I was on the phone with Samsung themselves and even THEY aren't tracking that they have turned this ability off years ago. They think "just do the Google One backup and everything will be fine." I verified under their "apps", that the secure folder wasn't listed. So they are going off of what is posted from their webpate, which was updated  in 2022 (a year AFTER they turned this feature off!!!)  with infromation that is no longer viable. (Nice job samsung!!!!)  

My Enrollment Backup on All Devices was at the bottom under the Development Features. I had to close the app, then click on it, and then immediately start tapping on the Secure Folder text for it to come up. Like I said, it's backing up the data now. We'll see what happens when I do the factory reset. 

0 Likes
Cfloyd18
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Update: 
I have finished the Back up.. and it states it was completed (it doens't do Notes - I believe, which is fine).  Checking the Restored area, it shows todays date at the "Last Back Up" date. 

0 Likes