Original topic:

Should I fix my s22 broken screen or do a trade in for the s24?

(Topic created: 04-09-2024 07:23 AM)
Usf-
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey, 

My S22 ultra screen broke and the screen is covered with ink and it is also blinking. Fixing it the screen is about 400 dollars at uBreakiFix, while doing trade in for s24 ultra is about 900 dollar with Samsung. I'd like to seek advice from people here on what to do. The phone has passed its warranty year.
15 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Looks like a busted screen trade in value is 380.00, so I would do the trade in for the S24U instead of fixing the S22U
1712673197362_1712673197356_0.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Usf-
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for replying. When I reached out to Samsung online help, I was given a price abd it was 833 plus tax.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S22
833.00+ taxes for the price of the S24U sounds about right with the S22U trade

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Usf-
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I thought that's on the high side. The S22U isn't that bad, it's the one I'm using rn. The s24U is about 1300. I'm hoping to find a way of having the price reduced
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S22
The only way to get the price reduced is with a trade in the S24's are less than 3 months old

0 Likes
Usf-
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
You mean if S22U becomes more than 3 months old, the trade-in price may be lesser?
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes the trade in price says it's a promotion without the promotion the trade in value drops to 175.00
1712674199626.jpg

0 Likes
Usf-
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean here
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S22
Right now, they are offering you 380.00 trade in for your s22u with the broken screen because it's a promotion. Once the promotion ends, they will only offer 175.00 for it

0 Likes