JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Software update interrupted issue for S22

(Topic created: 06-07-2023 08:18 AM)
Bman82
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22

What does this mean? And how can I fix it.

92 Replies
zman0605
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Since May 2023 software update shows interrupted check again in 24 hrs 
SanjayGehija
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, I have a Samsung Ultra 22 ULTRA and anytime I attempt to update it says "Software update Interrupted -- There is currently no update available for your device. Please try again in 24 hours.

Please propose a solution to this problem.

Solution
NoctisCaelum
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

@SanjayGehija Hi! Try wiping your cache partition follow these steps below.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
5. Press Side key to select.
6. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Side key to select.
7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
8. Press the Side key to restart the device.

If these didn't work try updating your phone with your computer using Smart Switch 

Start with download Smart Switch for your computer by going to this link - https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch 

Install the Smart Switch on your computer. Once done restart your pc to make sure that files needed are installed correctly. Then connect your phone using the cable that came with your phone to your computer. 

Then an option " Update " should appear and that should update your phone if not then you must set up an appointment to have your phone get software re-flash by going to this link to look for available service center near your https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/ 

If these steps do not help, you will need to follow up with your service provider.

0 Likes
Shodan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Wiping your cache partition does not fix the problem. Also taking your phone and having somebody reflash the same buggy software that started this mess on AT&T carrier phones will not fix the issue either. This issue came from the May update and it seems to be affecting AT&T carrier phones. I don't understand how reflashing the same software that broke it in the first place will magically fix this issue for everyone.
Dankay
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
None of these solutions work I have a galaxy s22 it appears to be a problem with the last update this has been going on for weeks. A solution is needed carrier att
Members_nldQCxh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Does anyone want to start an email thread or something for everyone to complain to ATT and Samsung all at once with issues recorded because I also am at risk with my job from having such  service after this update interrupted issue with no one wanting to take responsibility.

0 Likes
djd3396
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Has anyone heard anything yet on the possibility of fixing this issue?
Shodan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I have not heard anything new since the last time I called AT&T customer service which the person on the other line said something about an issue with the towers and the phones after the May update. I would suggest everyone continually calling the AT&T customer service line and complain about this because the more people that call and complain the faster this will be resolved. There are so many threads now on the internet that people are complaining with this exact same issue and some AT&T workers act like nothing is wrong. Do not call the AT&T Community Forum helpline because they are literally no help at all because I tried that and they will not even make a case number for you until you do their five steps of Diagnostics to your phone which one of them is factory resetting your phone and that has already been proven to not fix this issue since this whole issue has stemmed from AT&T. I tried to explain to that person that nothing I can do to my phone will fix this problem since this started as soon as I updated to the May security update and something broke on your end that now is affecting everybody. Literally the only response I got back was well I don't know what to tell you I can't proceed with making you a case number until you go through the five steps of Diagnostics and if I give them four out of five it's just going to get sent back to me. So like I said I would suggest continually calling the main AT&T customer service line and complaining because the more people that do that hopefully the faster this will get resolved or at least start to take ownership of their problem since they broke something and clearly they do not want to admit it.
thepainwithinu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an S22 Ultra on AT&T and I believe I found a fix. Like @Anatolia stated but with a few extra steps:

Try going to:
-> Settings
-> Applications
-> Next to "Your Apps", click on the symbol in the form of a list
-> Tick "show system apps" then press OK
-> Scroll through apps until you find "Software Updates" (I have two seperate selections)
-> Click on it then go to "Storage Memory"
-> At the bottom right click on "Empty Cache" and "Clear Data". Do this for both selections if you have two like me.
-> Restart your phone and try again to check for updates.

This worked for me and I am now getting "Current Software is up to date". Hope this helps everyone.
0 Likes
Shodan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Did you only have to check for updates once after the reboot or how many times did it take you before it said it was up to date? I know for me I have cleared the data & cache for both apps, fully shut down and restarted phone, & wiped cache partition in all different orders and the error is still there.
0 Likes