Original topic:

Speaker on s22 distorted and crackling

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
eliharly
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I had a similar problem with the same type of phone about a year and a half ago and they sent me a replacement. All was going well until last week the distortion came back out of nowhere. There's a pretty bad heatwave going on and I'm assuming that's the cause as I haven't dropped it, been on a plane (as I've seen cause this) or submerged it in water. I've seen a few solutions that seem to work with other people but unfortunately removing the sim tray or resting it hasn't worked, and I'm not sure if I have a protective camera island on my phone as I've never added on and I'm afraid to remove the plastic around my camera just incase its indeed not a protective case and part of the phone. unfortunately the warranty has expired so I'm hoping there's a solution out there I haven't heard of/ tried. 
0 Likes
3 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Not sure why a Sim card would cause the issue that would be network issue I'm guessing you are referring to a screen protector when you say plastic cover for you have a phone case also
0 Likes
eliharly
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I've seen a lot of people say opening the sim tray relieves pressure that has built up in the phone because samsung has some issue but it's mostly for people who've experienced this after an altitude change. As for the plastic cover I'm referring to the black "box" around the camera lenses on the back of the phone without a case.
0 Likes
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
OK makes sense now the plastic around camera I would suggest doing feedback in support here in members
0 Likes