JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Super fast charge 2.0 power bank

(Topic created: 06-11-2022 09:25 AM)
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm curious if anyone has found a power bank that supports super fast charge 2.0? I already know about and own Samsung's super fast charge power bank (25w), but I am looking for a SFC 2.0 version that supports 45w charging. As far as I know there isn't one on the market. If anyone knows of one that is confirmed to support 45w charging on the S22 Ultra please give me the details!

Edit:
I found one on Amazon but I'm going to keep looking for a better option as there are a few reviews stating that this power bank specifically has trouble 45W charging samsung phones, it stops working or doesn't work at all. 
15 Replies
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung has a 40000 power bank that is super fast charge. I got it for free when I bought my s21 ultra 2yrs I believe
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, but that is a 25W power bank. I already have a Samsung 25W super fast charge power bank. I'm looking for a super fast charge 2.0 power bank which has a 45W output instead of 25W.
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Oh, OK. Personally, I don't need all that. I think my phone charges fast enough. I wake up in the morning, put my phone on the charger , get in the shower, and ready for work, and my phone is fully charged
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
You are correct, the 25W is plenty fast and for the last 3 months I haven't used anything but 25W charging on my S22 Ultra but 4 days ago I got a great deal on a 45W wall charger and it was much more useful than I originally thought. I know reviewers say that the 45W is only something like 11mins faster than 25W but I'm seeing a much bigger difference than that. Using 45W, I charge closer to 20 mins faster and the difference between a full hour or 40 minutes can be huge if you're in a rush. Plus I use a Bixby routine at night to automatically turn off all fast charging so I don't over stress the battery charging overnight.
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Amazing. Do you feel sometimes the faster your phone charges the quicker it burns out? Or is it just me?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
Honestly no, I have never experienced anything like that nor should it be possible. It has to be a mental thing because that physically wouldn't be possible for the phone to do. I have my settings dialed in perfect and I consistently get over 12 hours of screen on time. Out of the box I was only seeing 9-10hrs of SOT but after much tweaking I have dramatically improved that. I'm a heavy power user, which is why I prefer the 45W charging and do everything to improve the screen on time.
What are you seeing for SOT?
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Maybe a mental thing
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
I was going to mention the electjet power bank but it seems you found it as well.
I would personally wait for for power banks that support pd 3.0 to come out so the price will drop.
Also I feel that the S22U does not utilize 45w charging long enough (usually 45w charge only last a couple mins) to make it worth the investment.
Any pd 3.0 spec should support super fast charging 2.0 since pd 3.0 includes PPS feature as well where as pd 2.0 does not always have PPS.

there is also this one but it's currently out of stock
https://www.zmi.com/products/zmi-powerpack-20k-pro-usb-c-power-bank
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S22
I agree it doesn't utilize 45W for very long but I have personally tested+monitored the charging rate on both 25W and 45W and when 25W charging, the phone spikes 25W then settles to around 17-18W for the majority then after 65% drops to 14ish watts. The 45W will spike 45, then settle to 25-26W for the majority and drop to 18-19ish after 65%.
So however you look at it, the 45W charging does have its benefits. It's ridiculous that samsung implemented such an aggressive charging strategy but it does average around 10w higher than the 25w charging which is enough of a benefit that I want to use it.