Original topic:

T-Mobile blocking updates on unlocked phone?

(Topic created: 02-19-2024 06:39 AM)
Bsands29
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

This started after I finished beta testing oneui 6 (November) December rolls around monthly update comes out tried updating (your up to date) message appears after manually checking repeatedly. Life goes on I forget about it then January rolls around and same thing is happening, no January update for my phone. I decided to try again without a SIM card restart my phone hit update. December update come thru. I let it install and startup again. Then the January update comes thru after hitting update. Was hoping I didn't need to do that for February but it happened again. Just today pulled my sim card repeat everything I did for the previous updates. Makes me wonder why T-Mobile is blocking unlocked updates to my phone. I don't have any other devices thru them for financing. This is just weird to me.

11 Replies
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
I have my unlocked phone set to receive fota updates by wi-fi only. Unlocked phones receive updates directly from Samsung ,T-mobile has nothing to do with it. I have T-mobile as well. Saves data to set phone this way.
Cheers
3fees
0 Likes
Bsands29
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for commenting , I forgot to mention that part. It was already set to update automatically over WiFi. They never came thru automatically, the updates lately have come thru when I pull my sim card out only. Which makes me think it's a T-Mobile issue even though I am not using a T- branded phone
0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
I don't have a t-mobile branded phone either unlocked, and my updates for some time did not come thru then they did with t mobile sim card installed.

Cheers
3fees
Bsands29
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
That's my current situation with the last Three security updates. That's why I am thinking it's T-Mobile issue.
0 Likes
Bsands29
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I misunderstood you sorry, your situation was when you didn't have a T-Mobile sim card installed. Mine was the opposite of yours with a T-Mobile SIM card nothing comes thru .
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
That's odd, yet you're getting the updates so that's the good part, lol

Cheers
3fees
Bsands29
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
True lol , just don't feel like popping my sim card out lol
0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah

Cheers
3fees
0 Likes
sarcasticNfantastic
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

T-Mobile is being SMART!!! You should thank them because the last 2 updates have been destroying phones like crazy to the point you can't use them and all Samsung wants to do is sell you another phone vs admitting to their hardware issue and making it right. T-Mobile is blocking updates to protect their customers from what the rest of us are having to go thru after updating our devices. Most can't even connect to a network anymore and all the Sims, esims, resets and troubleshooting doesn't do a darn bit of good. Our phones are useless and we are all out the $1000+ that we spent on these devices. 

0 Likes