Original topic:

They moved my mic button...rrr!

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
autoupdatehtr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
 I'm old enough that when I graduated high school, we didn't have cell phones. Well maybe I just didn't have one. But it was in the era of the old motorola bricks, and just coming out with to the Nokias.
Obviously I have an s22. If I didn't, I would be ranting in some other room. But I want to talk about the free Mandatory updates. I'm a little bit older than some you kids in here thats has had a smart phone glued to their face since b4 they could even walk and when I get my phone set up how I like it. I don't like to go back into settings. I don't like to research this and look up how to do that . It seems like every update They tweak a couple small things that are unnecessary and just enough ta **bleep** me off to the point of ranting here, Then going forward and googling and looking up samsung.How to make it go back the way it was. Inprovement? " Nah!" I say. As far as bettering functionality, I feel like As humans, we are creatures of habit. this may not apply to all you tec savy hip millennials. But to me , when I get something set, I get used to it. I count on it being where I want to be n benthere when I need it. For instance, Generally, I put off an update until I can anymore, I feel Not in control of this expensive device that I chose to purchase from samsung. Harassed into conforming to what they say. And hassled, by the changes that I don't want or need. I would like to see update that are broken down Have detailed explanations of what they are and the ability to install it or not. Install it. So I use talk to text all the time. I work in construction. I'm constantly moving my hands were full. I'm carrying stuff. I hit the mic button on the text menu conveniently located on the toolbar, an easy reach of my thumb, as I'm usually carrying something or doing something with the other hand. Now it is moved all the way I'm to the bottom left me being right-handed, that's all the way across this big screen. And I pack around some decent sized mitts. I'm 64 220 pounds, so my hands are small. Now. I struggle to use one of the functions I most commonly use on the phone, not to mention the
Blank inaccuracies, in the talk to text function I should have used it on this post and not edited it. To show you exactly what I'm talking about, but you probably already know.
So Samsung, if you're listening, give us options, don't make it mandatory. If I don't want an update, I should be able to choose no.
5 Replies
autoupdatehtr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Now I'm off to research Samsung, wherever I can find the information.
To try to make my mic button, go back the way it was. If anybody's got any suggestions, let me know. Honestly, I probably will never be back on here again, but who knows
0 Likes
luscious58
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to settings and reset the phone don't factory reset see if that works
0 Likes
luscious58
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to diagnostics testing on your Samsung phone
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Download and switch to Google keyboard. The mic is where it's supposed to be and is a better keyboard anyway, especially since you don't seem the type to require a theme on your keyboard.
0 Likes
Driverson22
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Download goodlock app from the galaxy store and design your own keyboard. Put the buttons wherever you like. You can customize EVERYTHING!
0 Likes