Original topic:

Touch accuracy issue

(Topic created: a week ago)
userh0Gryzdht1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

For the last 5 or so years, I have the same exact issue with multiple Samsung products. S22 Ultra, S22+, S21 FE, Galaxy Tab5e, Galaxy TabS 9.  I know for sure it is not a hardware issue, it is purely a software issue. It first happened on my  Galaxy Tab5e after some software update (I do not remember exactly which one). And after that this issue is present on every Samsung Android device I used. Typing on the keyboard becomes a nightmare. I can't type a single sentence without errors. My double tap to wake or put to sleep works 1 out of 5 attempts. Sliding gestures for back and forward are only working if they are close to perfect horizontal movement.  

See attached screenshots below to validate my problem. Touch location was enabled to display a location of touch registered by system, but as you can see the OS is interpreting the touch in a different location. 

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

touch_issue1.jpgtouch_issue2.jpg

2 Replies
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
Does it happen the same way if you switch to G-Board?

There is an app called touch screen calibration in the play store. Try it. I don't understand why Samsung doesnt have a calibration tool built in. It should be part of the diagnostics.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=redpi.apps.touchscreencalibration
lloyd420
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
And I thought that I was a bad typer. Lol 😅
0 Likes