JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra Issues w/S-Pen Since August Update

(Topic created: 08-13-2022 10:13 PM)
GTumms
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Never had an issue with my s22 ultra/s-pen before the August update (regular OTA monthly "security" update; NOT BETA). 

Since the update there's multiple times a day my phone will pop up a message about my s-pen being disconnected whether its in the phone or not (generally it's still inside the phone when it states it's disconnected). 

I'll have to remove it and reinsert it, it will go through the reconnect process and it's fine. Later, it'll do the same thing. It's even popped up while I was using the s-pen (still able to use the touch function as usual; I don't use the air actions so that I don't know about still functioning at the time). When it does this, I'll reinsert it, it'll go through the reconnect process and the message will disappear. 

This phone has never been dropped and has always had a case on it so it's obvious this is a program issue/bug since it hasn't happened before the August update. 

Anyone had this or similar issues or possibly know a fix?

And yes I've restarted the phone, cleared cache partition through the boot menu and used the "repair apps" option and no difference.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@GTumms  it may  take a day or so for rhe first response from support. 

One thought,  perhaps something got corrupted.  You could try to reset your pen. 

1. From the Settings app, select Advanced features and tap S Pen.
  2. Tap Air actions and tap the 3 Dot menu.
  3. Select Reset S Pen.
  4. Your S Pen will be reset and reconnected to the device. You may experience a brief delay before it finishes connecting.

Also,  you haven't put a new case on the phone at the same time that this started happening? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

4 Replies
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S22

Right after the issue appears open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log"  and if possible,  attach a screen shot of the error dialog. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
GTumms
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
Have now submitted 2 separate reports in less than 8hrs. One instance while the s-pen hadn't been outside the device in 24+hrs when the error occurred. The other just submitted and occurred while using the s-pen as nothing more than a stylus as I don't and have never used the air actions functionality.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

This is likely redundant, but you can force a synch to the S Pen, and it may help, not sure though...

Go to Settings | Advanced features | S Pen | Air actions | 3 dot menu (upper right) | Reset S Pen

For this to work, the S Pen needs to be inserted, and this will take a few minutes to finish, but MAY resolve your issue *Fingers Crossed*

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S22

@GTumms  it may  take a day or so for rhe first response from support. 

One thought,  perhaps something got corrupted.  You could try to reset your pen. 

1. From the Settings app, select Advanced features and tap S Pen.
  2. Tap Air actions and tap the 3 Dot menu.
  3. Select Reset S Pen.
  4. Your S Pen will be reset and reconnected to the device. You may experience a brief delay before it finishes connecting.

Also,  you haven't put a new case on the phone at the same time that this started happening? 

Bill
---