JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ui5 update won't Sync with Ford

(Topic created: 11-14-2022 08:27 AM)
user2sA36rKAaS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Lost functionality with 2013 ford Taurus SYNC 2 system since uI5 update 3 days ago. Music plays ok, phone calls come in, doesn't alert you to it on dash screen or main stack screen. Becomes necessary to Answer call on the phone, phone stays connected to Bluetooth, but call doesn't play through the stereo. Phones battery level used to be displayed on SYNC screen. Now it shows a completely empty battery level. 
2 Replies
Kimmyb75
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

This is an easy fix. I just fixed this today on my 2014 Escape with Sync 2 instead of paying Ford to do it. Your Sync needs updating. The latest update did not auto-install. I originally thought it was an issue with my S22 Ultra update but this isn't the case. Here's how to fix it:

Make sure you have a Ford.com account. If not, you need to register. You will need your vin number for your account. 

Next, I ended up having to google the Sync 2 latest update to get it to show because I kept getting an error message. Once I did that, it showed up.
Then, I followed the directions to install the update to my laptop then transferred the file to a USB drive. Then it had me install the update to the car via USB. Problem solved!

Solution
user2sA36rKAaS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Actually was much easier than that. Erased phone from car and the car from the phone. Re-paired them and works properly now. But thanks for your input.