JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is the difference between U and U1?

(Topic created: 09-01-2022 02:31 AM)
Kanarena
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm using S906U1 and CSC is XAG(SIM), XAA(device)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

The U means that the device is a US variant device.  if it has a 1 after it then it was factory unlocked.  A U device can also get unlocked, if you meet the carriers criteria (like fully paying off the device, and then requesting an unlock)  I.E. if it has U1 it is a device that was never carrier branded or locked whereas a U device MIGHT be unlocked, but was produced with Carrier Branding by whichever carrier it was initially produced for.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Josephigloe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
U is carrier locked and u1 is carrier unlocked so you can take a u1 phone and connect to any carrier.
0 Likes
BEN83
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S22
U also can be carrier unlocked model of phone and that can be also used on any other carriers.
0 Likes
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

The U means that the device is a US variant device.  if it has a 1 after it then it was factory unlocked.  A U device can also get unlocked, if you meet the carriers criteria (like fully paying off the device, and then requesting an unlock)  I.E. if it has U1 it is a device that was never carrier branded or locked whereas a U device MIGHT be unlocked, but was produced with Carrier Branding by whichever carrier it was initially produced for.