JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is it possible to install duplicate apps with different logins?

(Topic created: 10-05-2023 11:15 AM)
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22

Ok, needing some help here. Yeaaaars ago there was a "duplicate" app feature where you could have two messenger apps with different logins. Is there still a "duplicate app" feature? I can't seem to figure out how or even remember how I used to do it. Does that ring a bell to anyone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
You're referring to Settings>Advanced features>Dual messenger. You also have the Secure Folder option for having two versions of the same app. 🙂

View solution in context

6 Replies
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
Ok, update, I found dual messenger in the Advanced Options in settings is it possible to add other "dual" apps or just messenger/social media apps?
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
You're referring to Settings>Advanced features>Dual messenger. You also have the Secure Folder option for having two versions of the same app. 🙂
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
I just installed it in secure folder. Thanks! I was HOPING someone had a workaround other than than having to use secure folder but that worked. Did that just before you posted. Thanks for your quick reply though!
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
I had a feeling you would eventually figure this out lol.
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S22
I think I was too impatient. I just came straight here rather than hunting.
Maggard
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I have found apps from Amazon occasionally allow dual installation with separate logins.
It isn't guaranteed as using Secure Folder. Yet for those apps which work, it is perfect.