Original topic:

When I delete from one album, both are deleted

(Topic created: 03-27-2024 01:25 PM)
uservUKCoiQoxH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I have an album called Recent photos and one called Artwork. I moved a lot of photos from one album to the other. 

Why is it when I delete a photo from only one album, it automatically deletes it from both?
How do I stop this?
6 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
That's because recent is showing everything that's been taken and downloaded moving a item to a folder you only have 1 copy of the file so deleting it in either recent or the folder will remove it since they are only 1 image

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@uservUKCoiQoxH Like @GaryB82 said, the Recent album is not an actual album. It is a filter which shows photos that match the "recent" criteria. Anything shows in the Recent album doesn't physically exist in the Recent album, it exists in it's original album (Camera, etc.). 

The good news is that items in the Recent album are not taking up extra space since they are only in the original album. These are not duplicate images. 

uservUKCoiQoxH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks so much! That makes sense.
FarmerJohn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm not any kind of official Samsung assistant, just a user of a Galaxy S10 and I'm using Samsung's Gallery photo app and this app doesn't have a "Recent" album but it does (more or less) have a "recent" function. The "recent" function isn't a repository of any photos, its a tool to help me find the most recent photos contained in any/all of my albums. If I were to delete a photo while using the "recent" function/tool I would be deleting the photo from the album that actually contains said photo. There is NO COPY of the photo in a recent album as there is no recent album.
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
You can always hide the Recents Album if you want
uservUKCoiQoxH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks! I'm going to do that.