Original topic:

When moving photos from gallery to an album, they aren't deleting off gallery

(Topic created: 07-27-2023 09:44 AM)
userVdh3BSnExS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
They delete from Gallery in my S22 when I move to another album, but not my sister's and she has same phone. She ends up with duplicate photos. If she tries to delete from gallery it also deletes from other album. What setting does she need
Juliebabe01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I've had this question ever since I started taking pictures for my computer.... Sometime just used the correct wording 😆 THANK YOU BUT STILL QUESTION...
Skyearcherjelly
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Having this problem with my new a54.

I restored all my photos and videos to this a54 through smart switch from a backup I had from my old a51. Around 1000 videos and photos had lost their date and time data, but when i try to move them to albums to organise them, they aren't removed from the gallery. So i end up with 1000 random videos and photos from years apart all on the same date and time.

AGTacoma
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
How about a answer to the same question to the problem everyone is having about moving pictures without having duplicates !!!
userAKqg68hgTn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I understand the issue you are having. Something changed with the last few updates.  Don't delete the picture from your camera roll because it will delete it from the album that you "thought" that you put it in.  Truly annoying that it doesn't move. 

MO38
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having the same problem and have read through other replies but don't see an answer. Can't anyone explain how to solve this problem? It is making me insane to see duplicates, especially since I often take a lot of photos that are similar, eventually choose the best one, and delete the others, which is much more time-consuming when I am dealing with actual duplicates in addition to similar photos.

Specific example: I went to "gallery" and added a new "album" that I named "highlights". I wanted to create a copy of all photos from a week of travel and quickly delete everything that wasn't important and great and relevant to my mother so that I could quickly send my mother the highlights of her week. I copied into the new "highlights" album from the images in "gallery, camera, pictures" all the photos I took that week, and I added some from the "WhatsApp" "album" images that others had sent to me during the week.

Then I deleted from "highlights" everything that was not definitely important to my mother. I thought that I had created a new copy of all of the images during the relevant dates. I thought I could edit and delete from this "highlights" album copy without affecting the master set in "gallery, camera, pictures" or in "WhatsApp". I thought this would allow me to quickly narrow down to just ones I would share to my mother while preserving my ability to go back later  to the complete set in the original locations, when I had time, and decide which of similar images were really the best and review images that I photographed just to remember to research a product or make a note, and the minor locations not of interest to my mother. So I deleted most of the images from the "highlights," which I thought was just a collection of copies, and sent those to my mother. Then I saw that all the images that I deleted from "highlights" were also missing from "camera," and from "WhatsApp".

I went back to the trash file and picked "restore" for the deleted photos. The restored photos all became duplicates in the "camera" location and the deleted images that originated from the "WhatsApp" album were not restored into the "WhatsApp" album (the "WhatsApp" album is not one that I created--the phone automatically puts into a "WhatsApp" album any images that I receive on the WhatsApp application when I open them in WhatsApp.  

I cannot understand the hierarchy and system of gallery photos, or how to make true copy collections. I have a Gallaxy 23 Ultra, and I think I have accepted all the updates. 

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

This is something that I have seen trip up other users, here is what is happening...  The Gallery you are referring to is a collection of all of the pictures on your phone, regardless of where they are actually stored.  If you select copy and then paste them into a different album, your phone will see them in their original location AND in the new album/folder, thus creating duplicates. 

The easiest solution here is to cut them from the gallery and then paste them into the new album.  These will not disappear from gallery as they are still on the phone, but they will now be in the new folder or album. 

Seeing as how the Gallery shows all photos, selecting these and deleting them after COPYING and pasting them will not specify where they are deleting from, so they may be in their original location, or in the new location. 

Another  fix for this is to not have pictures selected at the bottom, as again that will lump all pictures on the device into the seemingly same folder, but to instead select albums at the bottom, then you will see the pictures in the correct album/folders, and not just lumped in all-together.  Moving pictures around in this view will move them in the way you are trying, and will even allow copying without showing two copies in the same folder or album.

nik222
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
How do we get Samsung to do the right thing which is when we move a photo from the gallery into an album it should delete from the gallery. This is crazy I have duplicates of everything wasting so much space
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Gallery is a collection of all photos on your device.  If you move it instead of copying it then there will not be duplicates.

Jenpenn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

1000037255.jpg

usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22

Recents is not an album.

0 Likes