JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

s22 ultra warranty question

(Topic created: 08-04-2023 03:26 AM)
Members_k8SAXKe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Recently my s22 ultra display will only show yellow. The entire phone works properly but the display will only show yellow. The screen has no damage or defects on it. However, when i took it to get repaired by samsung, i was told that my warranty wont cover this screen defect since the frame of the phone has some minor damage to it. am I getting scammed or is this samsungs offical policy. How would some damage on one part of the phone void the warranty on the screen given that the screen is in perfect physical condition?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with having the yellow screen repaired and being advised of the frame damage. 

The warranty is a one year, limited manufacturer warranty that will provide coverage for any manufacturer defects. Damage of any kind is not covered under the warranty. 

When the device is sent for repairs, in order for the device to pass quality controls, all defects and damage must be repaired. 

You can find more information on the warranty here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/warranty/

View solution in context

3 Replies
Jeremiah82
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Without seeing the actual damage you are referring to, I couldn't say except to ask you this. Did the yellow pop up after you damaged it or before? What kind of damage are you referring to?
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@Members_k8SAXKe It is very possible you have damage to the motherboard or some display circuitry. This damage can be done by dropping the phone. This can cause the display and other operations of the phone to be affected. 

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with having the yellow screen repaired and being advised of the frame damage. 

The warranty is a one year, limited manufacturer warranty that will provide coverage for any manufacturer defects. Damage of any kind is not covered under the warranty. 

When the device is sent for repairs, in order for the device to pass quality controls, all defects and damage must be repaired. 

You can find more information on the warranty here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/warranty/