JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

6.1 Update: NavStar not restoring the navigation gestures

(Topic created: 03-28-2024 10:32 AM)
Yohane
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Took my navigation gestures and gave me dumb default gestures androids has. Already downloaded Navistar but still won't give me back the original one. Have searched but only solutions for S24 can't find any for S23.

!!SOLVED!!
Download Navstar APK 6.1.05.40
Galaxy store does not have new update for some reason. 
Google Search Navstar APK 6.1.05.40

Thank you very much to User: Ricketypumpkin
JUMP TO SOLUTION
24 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
Also have you tried setting your navigation to the old three button style then clearing and closing all apps, resetting the phone like a reboot I mean not factory reset, and clearing cache? That may get whatever is jumbled up straightened out, once you turn the phone back on check back into the gesture settings and see if anything has changed?
Yohane
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Even my s24 ultra did this and turning on transparent hint enabled a bunch of different things as far as navigation options go in the regular settings. Don't ask me why but after about 10 minutes of the hint being enabled, I randomly checked in gesture settings again and all of a sudden everything was the way it was supposed to be now
Yohane
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Okay I'll try turning on transparent hint
Options
Galaxy S23
Sorry I **bleep** up the replying a bunch.
Yes I too had issues, not the exact same as you but I was missing the whole section where the hide hint option exist under display and navigation. It took me downloading navstar and enabling hide gesture hint then a bit of time because I remember I was setting my phone up for the first time, and something made me randomly go back to display again and everything was changed. I'm not sure if it was the length of time, or if it was a reboot I did after messing with the display hint in navstar, but that ended up straightening everything out for me. Once my s23 ultra gets the update, I'll see if I encounter the same issue again but Lord only knows when the update will be pushed to my phone. Thankfully it's just my backup phone