Original topic:

6.1 swipe navigation bar

(Topic created: 04-04-2024 03:23 AM)
RilesFincham
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Why do we feel the need to change things that have been the same for years? Changing the layout for navigational swipe buttons is pointless and annoying, certain things shouldn't be changed. People develop muscle memories, and when you deliberately change that it's incredibly infuriating. So thanks in advance for forcing me back to the home screen every time I try to use the back key that's been in the same place for 7 years, I sure hope whatever member of your team that pitched that idea can never find a close parking spot at any store ever. 
4 Replies
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
This can be fixed using NavStar from the Good Lock App download the APK from the link below this version isn't in the Store yet once downloaded tap Enable Extra Gesture Settings then go to your Phone Settings > Display > Navigation Bar

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-navstar/samsung-navstar-6-1-05-45-r...
kbbrow
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Seconded. I've been having the worst experience because everyone wants to just copy iPhone and make UIs literally frustrating or unusable.

In addition to never finding a parking spot, I hope whoever pitched and approved this horrible idea always locks themselves out their home.

I don't even recall if the update gave a tutorial on how to actually go back now. Why remove the back functionality? This simple thing is why I use Samsung but hey if y'all wanna send me over to Apple, FINE.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
I understand your frustration, but just for clarification, it's not a copy of the iphone. The gestures were actually developed by Google back when iphone still had a physical home button on the phone. These are Google gestures that have been used for several years as the stock Android gestures. Doesn't solve your issue, but I just wanted to clarify
JRMartinez
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Gestures.... 1712277422719.jpg1712277422741.jpg1712277422767.jpg