JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Adding screen timeout to home screen

(Topic created: 09-07-2023 06:15 AM)
homeinwv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I have to change my screen timeout a lot depending on if I'm at home or work. Is there any way l can place this individual setting on my home screen to make it easier to get to?
11 Replies
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't believe you can change the time out just for the home screen. When you change screen timeout, it will be for any app or function, not just the home screen.
0 Likes
homeinwv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for your response. Perhaps I didn't word it correctly. I want easier access to it because I have to change it so much... like I want a button instead of having to go into settings and display every time. I change it several times a day
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
What you can do instead is to program Routines to automatically change the screen timeout when you arrive at home or work.
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
This is a much more simple task than my "macro". I have a routine for home/work for this and ringtone/notification volumes to all be adjusted.
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
Another option is in the Good lock app, you can create a "macro" that you can click and it will automatically go to settings, display, screen timeout and change. I programmed one for my garage door....I click 1 buttons the phone goes to apps, clicks the right app, then clocks on my garage door name, clicks open/close and then closes the app. I LOVE this feature. It works for clocking into work too. Logs me in, clicks clock in, etc all with 1 click!!!!
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes! This is a great idea that I overlooked lol. 😅
homeinwv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I think this will be best for me. I don't have set times for a routine, rather I need it open longer for some meetings + shorter as I go in and out of meetings all day!:)
Solution
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
That's great! In case you haven't found it, in Googlock click LifeUp at the right and then Routines Plus and then Touch Macro. This should allow you to create a shortcut on the Home screen to activate. Not sure this is a "solution" but if it's acceptable for what you need please click the three dots and mark "Accept as Solution". Screenshot_20230907_101331_Routines +.jpgScreenshot_20230907_101338_Good Lock.jpg
homeinwv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Great answers! Thank you