Original topic:

Annoying Roaming Message

(Topic created: 7 hours ago)
MarkChang
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Both of my mobile plan includes roaming and data in other countries. My two numbers, one Canadian and one American, are always active in my s23 Ultra. Recently, I have started to see this annoying roaming message every couple of hours pop up on my device. The last time this was an issue, was back just after the s23 Ultra was released and it was fixed in the March 2023 update, I believe. Can we have a toggle to disable this, please? Otherwise, fix it again and for good this time.
0 Likes
5 Replies
MarkChang
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
This is the annoying popup! I hit, dismiss, and it comes back after a couple of hours. I am not turning off roaming for one or both of my lines. 1726660117316.jpg
0 Likes
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
You might have to disable one or the other for now this message is popping up to remind you that you might get charged there's no way to ignore it or dismiss it for permanently you're going to either have to turn off the connection to the roaming one or just continue to dismiss it every so often
0 Likes
MarkChang
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I can't because I need both lines active. I'm not sure why Samsung reintroduced this annoyance but it might just be enough to make me switch devices. I don't have this issue with my Pixel 9 Pro XL.
0 Likes
yamialex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Do I have any you do know that carrier roaming or data roaming charges are on the carrier side Samsung has nothing to do with that that is put on there so you know and have the option to turn it off so you are not charged if you're having this much of an issue then switch back to pixel because it's a carrier thing they're trying to avoid you getting charges unnecessarily and paying an arm and a leg
0 Likes
MarkChang
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
I am not charged for roaming. My plan includes my roaming because I am roaming on each SIM for at least 6 months of the year.

The notification comes from the device, not the carrier. This wasn't an issue over the past year as an example. Samsung needs to allow a way to disable this notification because as frequent as every half hour at times is going to make me send this thing in on my next trade-in offer and not buy another Samsung device. I don't have this issue with my OnePlus 8T either.
0 Likes