JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Need guidance on S23 Ultra

(Topic created: 03-02-2023 01:51 PM)
1971Chevelle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I just got my Galaxy S23 Ultra.  I am coming from LG (G4, V30+, & V60).  There are a few things that don't make sense, so help me out. 

First, it will only play the text message notification through my bluetooth headset.  All 3 of my LG phones would play it through the speakers no matter what.  I need to know how to make that happen.

Second, on all of my LG phones, if I want to delete some text messages from a conversation, I could easily select multiple messages to delete all at once.  On the S23, I see no such option - I have to delete the messages individually, which is beyond annoying.

Third, sometimes when you take a picture with the phone aimed downward, the photo will auto rotate when you bring the phone back up.  On all of my LG phones, there was a setting in the menu to rotate the picture (either left or right).  I see no such option on the S23, and it is something that should absolutely be there (I blame it on lazy programmers).  I need to know how to do it.

Let me know if any of it is doable.  Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
1971Chevelle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I switched my messages app (to the Google one, I believe) and now I can select individual messages within a conversation to delete en masse.

I also figured out the no text message sound through the speakers.  If you swipe down from the top you will see Media output.  Click on that, then select This phone. Now my text message sound plays through the speakers.

So, that just leaves being unable to rotate pictures.  It is a feature that it absolutely needed.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
1. Iirc that was an LG feature set thing. If you are using an LG headset you can download their app for it and add it.
2. Which messaging app are you using. Messages by Google you can hold one until highlighted and then pick and choose which messages you want to delete. Samsung messages I haven't used in a long while. I can check it later.

3. Define downward. Like upside down or like parallel to the ground?

4. There is no setting. It is an LG thing. You may be able to find an app that can force rotation.
1971Chevelle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

1.  My headset is a Plantronics Voyager Edge.

2.  I guess I am using Samsung Messages, but it shouldn't matter.  It is such a common sense thing to have - I don't know why Samsung doesn't have it.

3.  Holding the phone parallel to the ground.  Every phone should have the ability to rotate pics - either in the camera or the gallery.  It really is dumb to not have that feature, as sometimes you need to rotate it.

I really need to get the text message notification sound to play through the speakers no matter what. 

One more thing - I can not get access to the photos that were transferred from my old phone via my computer.  I use Android File Transfer and it only shows me one pic that I took yesterday.  When I click on the Gallery folder, nothing shows up.  I have also tried OpenMTP, but the results were the same.

usern7432RJ1iP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes, #2 not being able to select all messages for delete is a pain. Using the message app that came with the phone. I'm coming from a Galaxy S9 and the feature was there. Say you have 100 text messages on a single thread and you want to delete all but 2 messages. S9 you simply tapped select all and a :heavy_check_mark: would be next to each message and you simply tapped the the 2 messages you wanted to save. A few taps and you're done. With the s23 you have to tap the 98 messages you want to delete to accomplish the same thing. Pain in the  and a step backwards. Why did Samsung remove this feature?

Solution
1971Chevelle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I switched my messages app (to the Google one, I believe) and now I can select individual messages within a conversation to delete en masse.

I also figured out the no text message sound through the speakers.  If you swipe down from the top you will see Media output.  Click on that, then select This phone. Now my text message sound plays through the speakers.

So, that just leaves being unable to rotate pictures.  It is a feature that it absolutely needed.

usern7432RJ1iP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I switched to using the Chomp app and all the features work great.
0 Likes
1971Chevelle
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I found the rotate option.  On all of my other phones, the option was in the open when viewing a picture.  On this phone, you have to click on the edit icon, then you will see the rotate icon.

0 Likes