Original topic:

App from old phone wont open

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Tawedzerwa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

An app cloned from old android phone won't open on my galaxy S23FE.It keeps saying the app needs to be updated even though there are no new updates for the app on playstore. How can I resolve this ?

5 Replies
SpunMcFlurry
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
Try deleting said app then re-installing it, make sure that is has the required amount of permissions it needs to function.
0 Likes
SpunMcFlurry
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
@Tawedzerwa I hope that helps
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Tawedzerwa Have you contacted the developers of the app to see if they can recommend a solution? 

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23

You can give up the app, or you can see if the developer intends to create an update compatible with Android 14.  If the developer went bust, then you are out of luck and will have to look for an equivalent app.

Is it a necessary app for you, or is it like a game or something?  Which app is it?  You can try to uninstall and reinstall it--some apps don't like to be transferred; they like to be installed.

Do you still have your old device?  If you need to use the app, you can always use it on the old device.

0 Likes
jtgh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
@Tawedzerwa go to the old phone and update on the same wifi then go to the app on the new phone. That was
0 Likes