JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Battery drain in deep sleep took a serious dive after the September security patch

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 02:20 PM)
Ipse
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

First time I'm stumped and looking for help everywhere...

After I updated the S23ultra (918W Canadian variant) to the AWHF security patch, the phone is using an insane amount of battery while in deep sleep.
It used to burn 2-3% in 8 hrs, now it's 20 -25%...and yes, in deep sleep, no app reported running by Device Care or Accubattery.

I always do a cache wipe after these updates - didn't help.

In full desperation mode, I factory defaulted the phone - that didn't help either.

Running the phone in safe mode or airplane mode does not fix the drain.

WHAT DID fix the drain is forcing the phone in 4G mode - obviously not a long term solution.

I will add that this is happening at my house where the LTE signal as always been 5 bar (better than -95dBm on band 12) and I have not changed carriers or anything. 
The phone uses normal amount of power when in use, or at least I can't detect deep sleep drain as it's not sleeping.

Looking for suggestions on how to determine if the modem code got busted, if the carrier made their own changes (is that even possible?) etc.

PS I did submit logs through Member  Care, but that didn't seem to go anywhere.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

We apologize, but you have reached technical support for products manufactured for usage in the United States. Please visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html to find your country's support page.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

We apologize, but you have reached technical support for products manufactured for usage in the United States. Please visit https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html to find your country's support page.

0 Likes