Original topic:

Call problem in Samsung S23 after June Security Update

(Topic created: Friday)
pratyush16
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi,

Facing an unknown problem after I updated my S23 ultra to the latest June 2024 security update. Now, if i am on a call with someone over WhatsApp, Truecaller identifies that I am on a call and shows me on a call in its status. This was not the case before. Secondly, while I am on the WhatsApp call, and if someone tries to call me on Google meet (Duo earlier), the call gets disconnected immediately. The person calling feels that I am on a traditional mobile call. Earlier, I would get a separate incoming call notification from Duo which I could answer or reject. Apparently, my dad has an OnePlus 9 Pro with the same security patch, and the WhatsApp and Truecaller problem isn't being faced by him. My mom has a S20 FE, she didn't face this problem until a few days back. But today when her phone received the June update, she is facing the same problem as mine. 

I even factory reset my phone, updated the stock apps, installed only WhatsApp and Truecaller and still faced the above problems again.

I am assuming this is a problem being faced only with Samsung phones which have the June security patch installed. 

Can anyone help here as to what this problem could be, or is it a bug? As for Truecaller, wherever I have read about it, it is only for traditional calling where it might show a person on a call, but surely not for apps like WhatAapp.

Thanks

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
Ture caller is a 3rd party app. If it's not working right maybe try and reinstall it or tell the devs in the playstore.
0 Likes
pratyush16
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Problem is not the truecaller app. I just mentioned that with the patch update, Truecaller now shows my status even for Whatsapp calls. But the primary problem is the ones i mentioned.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
True caller does work with what's app. Those are all 3rd party apps has nothing to do with Samsung. 1718992635825_1718992635819_0.jpg
0 Likes
pratyush16
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

This is for the identification, I agree on this. But my availability thing I dont think should be shown for Whatsapp calls.

Also the other problem of Google Meet calls getting rejected if I am on a WhatsApp call That shouldn't happen totally. Like I said everything worked fine before the June Security patch update.

0 Likes
MojoMyDog
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Big Brother
0 Likes
pratyush16
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

no solution to this i suppose