Original topic:

Call problem in Samsung S23 after June Security Update

(Topic created: a month ago)
pratyush16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi,

Facing an unknown problem after I updated my S23 ultra to the latest June 2024 security update. Now, if i am on a call with someone over WhatsApp, Truecaller identifies that I am on a call and shows me on a call in its status. This was not the case before. Secondly, while I am on the WhatsApp call, and if someone tries to call me on Google meet (Duo earlier), the call gets disconnected immediately. The person calling feels that I am on a traditional mobile call. Earlier, I would get a separate incoming call notification from Duo which I could answer or reject. Apparently, my dad has an OnePlus 9 Pro with the same security patch, and the WhatsApp and Truecaller problem isn't being faced by him. My mom has a S20 FE, she didn't face this problem until a few days back. But today when her phone received the June update, she is facing the same problem as mine. 

I even factory reset my phone, updated the stock apps, installed only WhatsApp and Truecaller and still faced the above problems again.

I am assuming this is a problem being faced only with Samsung phones which have the June security patch installed. 

Can anyone help here as to what this problem could be, or is it a bug? As for Truecaller, wherever I have read about it, it is only for traditional calling where it might show a person on a call, but surely not for apps like WhatAapp.

Thanks

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
Ture caller is a 3rd party app. If it's not working right maybe try and reinstall it or tell the devs in the playstore.
pratyush16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Problem is not the truecaller app. I just mentioned that with the patch update, Truecaller now shows my status even for Whatsapp calls. But the primary problem is the ones i mentioned.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
True caller does work with what's app. Those are all 3rd party apps has nothing to do with Samsung. 1718992635825_1718992635819_0.jpg
0 Likes
pratyush16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

This is for the identification, I agree on this. But my availability thing I dont think should be shown for Whatsapp calls.

Also the other problem of Google Meet calls getting rejected if I am on a WhatsApp call That shouldn't happen totally. Like I said everything worked fine before the June Security patch update.

0 Likes
MojoMyDog
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Big Brother
0 Likes
pratyush16
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

no solution to this i suppose