Original topic:

Can a S23 Ultra, be upgraded to 10G?

(Topic created: 05-14-2024 01:41 PM)
WalterD
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Hello, Samsung Community. 

I was wondering if I can upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra smartphone to 10G internet connectivity?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23

The network hardware your phone came with is the network hardware it is compatible with.  I believe your device came with native 5g cellular support and native WiFi 6 for WiFi support.  This cannot be upgraded with a software patch.

As for 10G, others have mentioned that this is a marketing ploy from comcast, and is not referencing your cellular signal, or your WiFi signal.  There is nothing to upgrade too in this situation.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
There is no such thing as 10g! That is an Xfinity marketing tactic that everyone is upset about because they're making people ask questions like this.
jamaal02
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S23
The 10g ,also, represents future speeds. This, though, is broadband for home.
0 Likes
MeNotYou84
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
The "g" in industry standards is a Generation of tech. Not a speed.

That is just an Xfinity marketing tactic to make things sound faster.
0 Likes
Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23

The network hardware your phone came with is the network hardware it is compatible with.  I believe your device came with native 5g cellular support and native WiFi 6 for WiFi support.  This cannot be upgraded with a software patch.

As for 10G, others have mentioned that this is a marketing ploy from comcast, and is not referencing your cellular signal, or your WiFi signal.  There is nothing to upgrade too in this situation.

0 Likes