Original topic:

Can't add certain app to Edge panel

(Topic created: 03-07-2024 02:11 AM)
ISanchezV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello,

I have a S23 Ultra and I'm trying to set up the Edge panel to have apps on it. At some point, I added an app (App#1), then tried to replace it by another one (App#2) by sliding and dropping on top of App#1 (which worked).

From then on, I have been unable to add App#1 to the edge panel, it shows grayed out as if it was already on the Edge panel, but it isn't. No other app has this issue. I have already tried restarting my phone, as well as turning the Edge panel off and on again. Anyone has any idea what I could do to get App#1 to recognize it's not on the Edge panel so I can add it again?

Thank you in advance!

3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@ISanchezV When you drop an app onto of another one in the Edge pane, it creates a folder in the edge panel which contains both apps. 

Try this:

1. Swipe to open the edge panel.
  2. Click the pencil icon at the bottom of the panel.
  3. You should now see a red minus (-) sign on the top left of the App#1 icon. Click that minus sign to remove the app from the Edge panel. 

It sounds like you may want to do the above procedure with the folder in the edge panel which contains both App#1 and App#2. While editing per above, you can delete the folder or even click on the folder and remove individual apps in the folder. 

coucj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the same issue however there's nothing to remove from the list, it just doesn't allow me to add it all (issue with two apps)

0 Likes
coucj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

If you're able to uninstall one of the apps the other one appeared from the 'hidden' file

came here with questions, brought you some answers

0 Likes