JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't copy music files from PC completely

(Topic created: 12-15-2023 11:48 AM)
Members_e4yjy3q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a bunch of Elvis music in FLAC files on my PC, and I'm trying to transfer them to my S23 Ultra. I have 123 GB free on my internal storage of my phone, however whenever I copy the folder from my PC and paste it in the music folder in my phone's internal storage, it will give me an estimated time fro the transfer (in this case 4 minutes) and a progress bar. However about a third of the way through the progress bar the transfer thing disappears and when I check the files they are not all there on my phone.

I tried going to the individual folder that has missing files, I copied the individual files and pasted to the folder I want it in on my phone, and my PC plays a notification sound and those missing files just don't paste at all. Not sure what to do here or why I can't get all the files to transfer.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_e4yjy3q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

The file type isn't the issue. The FLAC files will play on my computer, and they will play on my phone once they are on there. It's the process of transferring them to my phone that causes problems. Sometimes my phone just randomly interrupts a transfer even of other files like images or videos.

One of the issues was the file names of some of the files were too long and that's why those were not transferring. It would still interrupt the transfer sometimes though for files that were short. I ended up archiving them to a .zip file and transferring that to my phone which worked, then I unzipped them on my phone as a workaround. I haven't ever really gotten something like this to work over Bluetooth, only via a USB connection to my PC.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Satru
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you have installed the app for play flac files? Also can convert to mp3
Members_e4yjy3q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes I have VLC on my phone, and I prefer FLAC files. The problem is getting them to transfer to my phone, not playing them once they are there. I believe one of the issues was the file names of some of the files were too long and that's why those were not transferring. It would still interrupt the transfer sometimes though for files that were short. I ended up archiving them to a .zip file and transferring that to my phone which worked, then I unzipped them on my phone as a workaround.

0 Likes
kidgirlA10
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Maybe you can convert your music in FLAC files to MP3 on your computer first. If the converted MP3 can played on your computer successfully, then try to copy them from your computer to your S23 Ultra.  If you can't do that via copy-and-paste, try other third-party tools like Bluetooth, Google Drive, Coolmuster Android Assistant, Phone Link, etc. These tools can help you transfer music from your computer to your Samsung phone easily. Hope this will be your help. 

Solution
Members_e4yjy3q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

The file type isn't the issue. The FLAC files will play on my computer, and they will play on my phone once they are on there. It's the process of transferring them to my phone that causes problems. Sometimes my phone just randomly interrupts a transfer even of other files like images or videos.

One of the issues was the file names of some of the files were too long and that's why those were not transferring. It would still interrupt the transfer sometimes though for files that were short. I ended up archiving them to a .zip file and transferring that to my phone which worked, then I unzipped them on my phone as a workaround. I haven't ever really gotten something like this to work over Bluetooth, only via a USB connection to my PC.

0 Likes
Members_fm5XPJS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the exact same issues in trying to transfer my MP3 files from my computer hard drive to my S23 Ultra via a USB -> USB-C cable.  I've done this hundreds of times on other phones and devices. They simply will not transfer properly.

0 Likes