Original topic:

Can't delete old videos.

(Topic created: Monday)
King_of_The_Cats
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello everyone,

I have a really old video collection that I dont want any more and they're not being deleted. I've tried multiple times, nothing happens.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried deleting through the file manager? Also they are probably synced with Google Photos, so open Google Photos and try deleting from there. When you delete from Google, it also deletes from your phone, but deleting from your phone doesn't delete in Google, so it may be backward syncing. Also, make sure your trash is not full.

To delete from file manager, navigate to the DCIM folder and then choose the subfolder with the videos and delete it.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Shrekishot
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Which app are you using because maybe you should try a different one?
0 Likes
King_of_The_Cats
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

It's the default Gallery. I can delete other videos and photos but this folder 

0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried deleting through the file manager? Also they are probably synced with Google Photos, so open Google Photos and try deleting from there. When you delete from Google, it also deletes from your phone, but deleting from your phone doesn't delete in Google, so it may be backward syncing. Also, make sure your trash is not full.

To delete from file manager, navigate to the DCIM folder and then choose the subfolder with the videos and delete it.
0 Likes