Original topic:

Cant use Argentina carriers due to lack of unblocking from third party vendor

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Nahuel03
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi, I have a problem regarding carrier use with my s23+ and its a very particular one. 

I recently went to the US for vacation and bought this phone from walmart as it said that it was fully unlocked, when I was still in the US I tried my carrier (Claro) from argentina and did not work. I started to investigate and it came with a pre-loaded firmware from Verizon, which the policy said that after 60 days the lock would automatically unlock so I thoght nothing of it. Now Im back in Argentina and after said 60 days the lock persists and the only solution Verizon and the third party verdor are giving me are to go back with the phone to them (which is obiously not possible as Iam in argentina).

Is there any way I can solve the problem? If anyone knows about a solution it would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Nahuel

4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
The phone iself could have been unlocked, but perhaps not region unlocked. Did you change the phone's region to Argentina? If you can't change the region, you may not be able to use your carrier's SIM. You also may have better answers in the forum for your area.
Nahuel03
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I called the third party who sold me the phone via walmart and they said they could do nothing. After contacting verizon they told me the problem was that the 60 days start counting after I activate a line with them or something like that. I didn't think that was the case because the product description from walmart said "unlocked".

So now I got to open a line with a prepaid plan with verizon and wait for the 60 days to pass, that is if I dont find any technician who can solve it here in Argentina.

Thanks for the answer tho, its appreciated.

0 Likes
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S23
60 days of service before it will be able to be unlocked so if you used it 60 or more days should be available to unlock
Nahuel03
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I thoght the same at first buy turns out I gotta open a line with verizon and only then the days will start counting. Its frustrating really, but thanks for taking the time to answer.

0 Likes