JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Do Not Disturb blocking STARRED contacts

(Topic created: 08-08-2023 01:37 PM)
Lilyfelicis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I just got an S23 on Saturday, and am still working out the few changes in systems from my S20. I've had some unpleasant surprises as far as apps go, but my MAIN issue right now is that I have a few people as starred/favorite contacts, and i have my DND set to *allow* calls/texts from starred contacts, but they are still not coming through. 
I don't have my phone on silent, my messages app has notifications allowed (sound and vibrate), and I've even changed the notifications for the starred contacts, thinking I just wasn't *hearing* the default notification. But just now, I was on my phone (DND engaged automatically at 10pm). I texted one of my starred contacts, then left the messaging app to respond to an email, and DID NOT receive a notification when they responded. I just saw the icon when I glanced at the top info thing on my phone. 

Please help. My starred contacts are IMPORTANT people: a few family members and some people from work (I do have a job where after-hours emergencies can happen and require a response from me). 
14 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Likely I would just do the reset and be done with it. I haven't had this issue yet. If for some reason I do and come up with a idea I will let you know 😊😉
Options
Galaxy S23
Have you checked through the main do not disturb option or are you just looking at it in modes and routines
0 Likes
Lilyfelicis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Where is the "main" do not disturb? I go in through swiping down and long-pressing on the volume key, then scrolling down to "do not disturb." Is there somewhere ELSE it is located that gives different permissions?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out for assistance.

I definitely can understand how important it is to you to be able to still receive notifications from your starred contacts when DND is enabled.

First, let's make sure your phone is up-to-date to the latest software. 

Next, let's wipe cache partition on the phone. This step is always good to do when your phone updates to a new software or if's acting a little wonky at times.

Follow these steps below: 

1. Turn off your phone.

2. Connect your phone to PC using USB-cable and push down the Volume Up and Power key for a moment.

3. The Recovery Mode should be on the screen now.

4. Use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power key to accept it.

5. Select Wipe cache partition option.

6. Select Yes button.

7. Reboot your phone to exit Recovery mode.

I am also providing a link on how to set up exceptions. This feature allows you to set up exceptions to receive certain calls and messages when your phone is in DND mode.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077281/

If you are still not able to get this feature to work to your liking, then I would encourage you to submit an error report in the Samsung Members app.

https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/

**Note: the link above is for an international device, but the steps should be the same for US devices as well.**

0 Likes
userfbIRcA6v1p
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have the S23U and this feature worked perfectly until some update occurred either on the phone or my watch or both. I've tried every setting possible and it still will not play a notification when in sleep mode which turns on Do Not Disturb.

0 Likes