Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for reaching out for assistance.
I definitely can understand how important it is to you to be able to still receive notifications from your starred contacts when DND is enabled.
First, let's make sure your phone is up-to-date to the latest software.
Next, let's wipe cache partition on the phone. This step is always good to do when your phone updates to a new software or if's acting a little wonky at times.
Follow these steps below:
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Connect your phone to PC using USB-cable and push down the Volume Up and Power key for a moment.
3. The Recovery Mode should be on the screen now.
4. Use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power key to accept it.
5. Select Wipe cache partition option.
6. Select Yes button.
7. Reboot your phone to exit Recovery mode.
I am also providing a link on how to set up exceptions. This feature allows you to set up exceptions to receive certain calls and messages when your phone is in DND mode.
If you are still not able to get this feature to work to your liking, then I would encourage you to submit an error report in the Samsung Members app.
**Note: the link above is for an international device, but the steps should be the same for US devices as well.**
The way it worked on my old phone, when do not disturb was turned on, only my alarms and calls/texts from favorite contacts came through. Everything else was silenced, and I would just get it when I woke up and looked at my phone.