JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does the included cable support a 45W charging brick

(Topic created: 06-11-2023 10:57 PM)
Josh2038
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23

How many watts does the Samsung data cable that comes in the box of the s23 ultra support? Would I be able to use it with a 45w charging brick?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AlexOOOO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
i think the cable that came with the phone can only go up to 15W or 20W. The wire is alot thinner compared to the thicker wire from the Samsung 45W charger package. Thicker gauge copper for the power means higher amperage rates that the 45W charger can provide up to when the battery drained pretty low. Don't use the cable that came with the phone on a 45W charger.

View solution in context

2 Replies
ViruZzzX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
You wouldn't be able to use that cable , your better off buying the 45w charger samsung sells to enable the super fast charge 2.0 . I personally did that and it charges the phone drastically faster than any Oneplus device I've ever used
Solution
AlexOOOO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
i think the cable that came with the phone can only go up to 15W or 20W. The wire is alot thinner compared to the thicker wire from the Samsung 45W charger package. Thicker gauge copper for the power means higher amperage rates that the 45W charger can provide up to when the battery drained pretty low. Don't use the cable that came with the phone on a 45W charger.